Surround headphones
Jun 29, 2008 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Goit

500+ Head-Fier
Jun 29, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 6
Actually I just thought of something. Dolby Headphone is not just the hardware, it's a software right? I have PowerDVD which has dolby headphone, then doesn't that mean that I have it already and can just get a pair of regular stereo headphones? It will be redundant to get another pair of headphones with integrated dolby technology.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 6
PowerDVD does have Dolby Headphone and Cyberlink Headphone which is their own version. CL Headphone is not as good as Dolby Headphone IMO.
Any pair of regular headphones will work and it does stimulate 5 speakers very well. I enjoy watching movies with my HD555.

Jun 30, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKazador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PowerDVD does have Dolby Headphone and Cyberlink Headphone which is their own version. CL Headphone is not as good as Dolby Headphone IMO.
Any pair of regular headphones will work and it does stimulate 5 speakers very well. I enjoy watching movies with my HD555.

What about the "srs" thing?

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 6
I have problems with my Surround Headphones. They are Turtle Beach x42s. Dolby discs and Dish network sound perfectly fine. DTS discs sound awful. I was told by Best Buy that certain models have DTS->Dolby conversion. they told me a Samsung 4k player and a Sony 4K player has it. Apparently, when you look through the options, neither have it.

I've got a couple possibilities that would make this work. One would be surround headphones that work with both Dolby and DTS, like a traditional surround system. Another would be a physical adapter which converts DTS to Dolby in my case, (or the reverse with modern headsets). Since all Blu Ra players have as a standard the network, maybe Turtle Beach can make a player speciifc Dobly-> DTS adn separate TS-> dolby converter you can buy as a software item for $15. Finally, if I just want a no muss way to do it, if I want 4K, I should just buy an Xbox One S as a non-gaming Blu Ray player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back