Surrond Sound Speakers for Computer
Nov 28, 2007 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Rise To The Top

1000+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine is looking for a decent comp. setup, and he wants surround sound speakers. He asked me to help, and I told him I would look around and ask some people. What should he get? His price range is around $200. Thanks.

Nov 28, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 11
Go with Logitech or Altec Lansing for computers.

Nov 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go with Logitech or Altec Lansing for computers.

Im not sure what the prices are now but Klipsch makes the best surround computer speakers hands down. Next in line would be Logitech and then Altec Lansing.

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEr1c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im not sure what the prices are now but Klipsch makes the best surround computer speakers hands down. Next in line would be Logitech and then Altec Lansing.

I forgot Klipsch makes computer speakers. Last time I had Klipsch is through home theater.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  • klipsch promedia ultra 5.1's are very good for the pc
  • logitech
  • creative

x2 if you can pay for the Klispch.

Dec 1, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 11
I got a display model of ALX 5.1's for $260 off ebay (like new, never used), sq on the sats significantly better than the Promedia Ultra 5.1's they replaced. They have the same sub/amp and control pod as the Promedia Ultra's, and then RSX-3 satellites and RCX-3 center, hefty build quality, and the grilles attach via magnets
biggrin.gif

Review on notebookforums.com - linky

Dec 3, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #8 of 11
I bought the Klipsch 5.1s and the amp died at about 18 months. I sent many e-mails and made many phone calls and both went unanswered. I gave up as trying to contact Klipsch as that was not my only purpose in life. My anger level began to rise at about 26 months and I called and called and was able to get someone on the phone. Im sorry sir but the speakers are no longer under warranty. But you guy's extended the warranty from 1 year to 2 years because Klipsch admitted to having defective 5.1 rigs out there and I can send you a copy of the e-mail that I sent you when the speakers were 18 months old and I have the original receit from CompUSA. Im sorry sir there is nothing I can do. Im sorry sir there is nothing I can do. Im sorry sir there is nothing I can do,,,I bought a Harman Kardon AVR receiver and a velodyne sub and used the Klipsch satilites and now my F'ing computer speakers are amazing. F Klipsch. Most of the others suck sound wise except for the bose but they wont be surround. The big bose rig with the USB interface sounds really nice though and you wont need to run satilites. Read the Klipsch 5.1 fourms before you buy, you will see that they all die in about 1 year.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Read the Klipsch 5.1 fourms before you buy, you will see that they all die in about 1 year.

The amp kicked on my old Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1's also, I sent the control module and the amp (pops off the back of the sub easily) to elliot-tronics (you can also find him on the klipsch forums), and he upgraded some of the cheap BASH IC's and other parts. Quick turn around, and like several other customers, also found the sq to have improved. Never had a problem again, replacing the cheap parts fixed the issue of short life span of Klipsch BASH amps. Not bad considering it's $80 to elliot for an upgrade, whereas out of warranty to Klipsch can take forever, and costs $60 for a replacement amp with the same old problem.

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 11
I would pick Logitech or Altec Lansing for that price range that he is looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back