surprisingly good budget earbuds
Mar 1, 2016 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bflmpes

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,
Firstly I am sorry for my bad english and it's my first "minireview" so be nice please:)
I just want to let you know if there is someone who is looking for budget earbuds (like I was) I found a treasure. And this is it: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PK1-Yuyin-150ohm-DIY-Headphones-High-Quality-Handmade-clear-Sound-powerful-Earphone/32558126806.html - Yuin PK1 DIY.
I ordered Rock Zircon (14USD), Baldoor E100 (15USD) and Soundmagic E80 (75USD in Czech rep :/ ) in the same time because I didn't believe in some chinese DIY product.

Firstly I start with the worst ones (if I compare sound only). And thats Zircon for sure. Its build is superb but the sound is overbassed so much. By "overbassed" I don't mean it sounds mudly. All ranges - bass, mid , highs are clear but there is too much bass. For bass-head it could be budget holy grail but JVC FXT90 are cleaner, more precise. Zircon's bass is heavy, deep and powerfull but it also has weak spot if there is bass heavy song boom of the bass collide with other ranges. For example in Hans Zimmer - I am not a hero from Batman OST is deep bass with strong impact and violin on the back. When bass groove too much violin sounds harsh. As I said sound is very close to JVC FXT90 but those ones are more clean because of two drivers build. Soundstage is not big but separation is fine. Isolation is very good and also it's very comfortable IEMs. One important thing is you HAVE TO burn in these headphones. Just have to. Otherwise they sound bad like they should be with that low price :D I was not strong believer in burn in but after 30 hours burnin on these I was like "wait a second, something's wrong, what happend with them, did I overburn them? Has my cable bad connection?" I even had to re-check If I am really listening to Zircon.

Second I tried were Baldoor E100. I found some review and sound promising and after dissapointment with KSC75 I said to myself why not to try these. Well package looks pretty cheap comparing with Rock Zircon one. They have wierd triangular cable. Im not sure why because they like to tangle same as normal cable. Maybe its for design only? But who cares I just want headphones with good sound. And these ones have a good sound. Really surprising for me. Music is fun, engaging, energic. Has  just enough of bass with nice impact. Mids are nicely forward and balanced. There is a lot of details in all ranges especially in highs. Only downside of these earbuds are highs are really little slow. I was expecting this after reading those reviews... aaaand soundstage is low. Separation is not as good as Zircon has. But the main problem I don't use this is that it can't fit well because it's little bigger than most of earbuds (all of earbuds I own) so they keep dropping out of my ears :frowning2: For that reason I can't use those sponges and it become uncomfortable very fast. My ears hurt after 2-3 hours of listening.

So I am really happy I also order those Yuin PK1 DIY. Package is really cheap (only backpack, few sponges and headphones). But what a sound they make. I was shocked. It's so nicely balanced. So smooth but detailed. And that soundstage is just wow. It has even bigger soundstage than AKG K701. Separation is excellent. I didn't find a song where are unreadable instruments and location of them. I tried Amelie From Montremart OST, Death angel's Ultra-violence, Redhot chilli peppers, Lenka, MDK OST, Prodigy, some drum&bass... everything was really nice. The only weakspot is bass impact. They have bass but not as deep and strong as any other in this review. I would say they are lacking true bass impact. Kick drums are just not kicking enough. But everything else is wonderfull. Excpet isolation of course :) I am so sad I can't compare them directly with real PK1 because I have left driver failure :/ But What I remember it sounds very close. Except the bass and PK1 has little more mid-forwarded. But I would say those DIY ones has bigger soundstage. You can't miss-step by purchasing them if you are not heavybass lover.
I won't review Soundmagic here because I didn't recieve them yet and they are not badget earphones also.
Greets
Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back