Surprised! Tom Petty's Live Anthology sounds awesome!
Feb 4, 2010 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

VicAjax

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not really a Petty fan, but my wife loves him, so I bought her the new four-disc live box set... and i'm quite amazed by the sound quality.

Not only is this one of the best-sounding new rock releases I've heard in a long while, but it makes it very clear that Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are truly a live act.

I've always thought that anything after Hard Promises has been lackluster and not worth buying, but the live anthology even brings the newer material to life.

Granted, Petty never has been and will never be edgy or groundbreaking... but he and the Heartbreakers sure can rock. I'd say this is easily their best release since Damn the Torpedoes.

My one real complaint... the canned applause after an acoustic performance of "Won't Back Down," played in front of an apathetic audience at the American Museum of Natural History, under the whale.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 3
And the 7 LP vinyl set sounds extremely good. Only 500 were made of the vinyl and it is REAL expensive but a worthwhile buy.

Todd

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the 7 LP vinyl set sounds extremely good. Only 500 were made of the vinyl and it is REAL expensive but a worthwhile buy.

Todd

Good to know. It is so expensive, I kinda wanted some feedback on the quality before deciding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back