Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Nov 8, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #933 of 1,119
#346 arrived yesterday. Listened to them all night long
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #934 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Just echoing everyone else's sentiments, congratulations to Todd and Grado Labs on a successful venture. Seems like they sold like hotcakes. Hopefully, it'll lead to a follow-up somewhere down the road.

Yes, it's obvious this correlation has gone extremely well. Thanks a lot fot everything Todd, and I'll work on getting that Porta Corda back to you as soon as I'm done adjusting to and reviewing these amps and phones.

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:01 PM Post #935 of 1,119
#322 has been burning in since 8pm last night

Nov 9, 2005 at 1:09 AM Post #936 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
SOLD OUT, sale over

Thank YOU all for your orders, your patience and for making this fun. I hope all of you enjoy the HF-1 for a long, long time. I hope all of you have had fun too!

Todd

YEAH! Grados ordered and awaited for. Best part, now Meier amp loans begin again !!!! HF-1s and Meier Porta Corda III its like Christmas early. Happy end of Ramadan to all!!!

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #937 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunetos
Noooooooooooooo, I just came back TODAY after many months away from the site, and I missed the last one by a DAY! Wow, I would have seriously considered ordering a pair. I may go cry now...

Check the sale forums. People are already starting to put their HF-1s up for around the same price that they got them. The Grado sound simply doesn't work for some people, so you can probably expect some HF-1s to pop up for sale as the excitement wears off. As for me, I doubt I'll ever put #377 up for sale :p ... unless I plan on upgrading to the RS-1
rs1smile.gif
(which ain't gonna happen in the near future)

Nov 9, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #938 of 1,119
Yes, thanks for the recommendation! I have actually already contacted a potential seller. Thanks for all the time spent on the Limited Edition model, Todd, John, and everyone else.

Nov 9, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #939 of 1,119
#326 just arrived, and the thing that strikes me so far (after two albums and no burn-in) is how much detail remains hidden even from my mid-fi phones. I'm really impressed with the way drums sound now, good punch and very clear. The only real problem is the fact that they hurt the tips of my ears a little after a while, but I'm started to get used to it and found a more comfortable way to wear them already.

Nov 10, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #942 of 1,119
#330 arrived (yesterday) in england, but i only got to get them from the depot today
cool.gif

Thanks again John and Todd, you guys are da best
rs1smile.gif

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:55 AM Post #944 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Did you have to pay duty on top? How much was it?

^^^^^

Id like to know that as well please

Nov 11, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #945 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Did you have to pay duty on top? How much was it?

None whatsoever, i must have got lucky. Had to go pick it up from the depot though, as i was out when it was delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back