Surprise! HF-1 (Head-Fi 1)!!!
Oct 26, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #781 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav
I emailed Todd asking to confirm, and he replied just now, #330 (order was placed at 1:11:54am on monday).

Thanks again Todd!

Just got my confirmation, I'm right after you at #331 (order was placed on 1:12:59am on Monday)!

Oct 26, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #782 of 1,119
#353 represent!!! I'm so happy that I was able to confirm receipt fo the order. That Todd...hell of a nice guy...I'm glad that he has the organizational skills to keep up with all these shenanigans. Thanks again Todd and congrats to all of you who have gotten in on this batch!
icon10.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #783 of 1,119
Well, now that I hear that emails have been sent out and I didn't get one, I'm a bit concerned. I didn't want to bug a busy man, aside from an email and a post explaining that I'd forgotten to include my HF username in the comments. But now I'm afraid I'll have to begin a program of harrassment tomorrow AM
tongue.gif

Todd, if you're reading this, my order was placed shortly after midnight Sun/Mon EST, under my real name Ryan Murray.

Oct 26, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #785 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milos
I Got mine today, # 247
Ordered 2 weeks ago, got no confirmation email, was very surprised to get it that early.

Thanks Todd.

Are you sure? I ordered mine September 16 and my number is 261. Todd must have numbered them nonsequentially.

Oct 26, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #787 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
lol, "Tood" was mine. I completely forgot about it until you reminded me.
biggrin.gif

and to think i was criticizing the guy for calling him "Tom."
tongue.gif

Hurray for Tood!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
HI All,

I just e-mailed all of the new orders with the number headphone they will receive.

Todd or Tood as some are calling me
biggrin.gif

lol, Classic.

Oct 27, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #789 of 1,119
Just wanted to chime in:
Received the HF-1 no. 287 today. Build quality is great, packaging still nice whatever you anti-cardboardboxfans say. Sound is also great, it need some burn-in.
I agree with Todd - the HF-1 sound better with the bowl pads, flat pads increases bass and rolls-off treble. Still very comfortable, eventhough they have bowl pads.
Thanks Todd!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #790 of 1,119
Ohhhh man, I was out of the headphone scene since August. Then, the other day, I stopped by here to see what's been going on, and WOW! I placed an order last night, but I have no idea if there are even any left. How I wish I learned about the HF-1 just a day or two sooner. Oh well, got my fingers crossed now
lambda.gif

Oct 27, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #791 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
Just wanted to chime in:
Received the HF-1 no. 287 today. Build quality is great, packaging still nice whatever you anti-cardboardboxfans say. Sound is also great, it need some burn-in.
I agree with Todd - the HF-1 sound better with the bowl pads, flat pads increases bass and rolls-off treble. Still very comfortable, eventhough they have bowl pads.
Thanks Todd!
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree. There are only three Grados that I prefer with bowls rather than flats:

HF-1
MS-Pro
PS-1 Pro

Everything else practically requires flats IMO, especially the RS-1 and HP-1000.

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #792 of 1,119
On the cusp of my departure by plane to attend my snuffed father's wake, I rush to the post office to check off certain last minute details. There, I find my HF-1 have emerged at last from the maze of bitter workers' inattention: #192, cups ringed with plastic tinged with white. Redolent of queasy-new paint and rubber, they provide odiferous counterpoint to my later listening session.

These headphones will prove fun at work, with their auditorium-sonorous bass; less so for studio performance and arranging than the MS-2, with their metallic clarity. Still, I intend to use the HF-1 while tracking a requested cover for a comp album in memory of a murdered Goth musician, since that music, like the HF-1, is dominated by body-resonating thumps, soothing drones, and the hiss of spars on stone floors. (I got the call to contribute in the midst of booking my flight.)

Strange, to hear your father's voice in your head post mortem: once powerful and inhibiting, it now rasps like an ill-treated instrument with strings on the verge of snapping -- its age-frail vibrato summoning empathy where high harmonics once pierced the ego.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

I'll try to post a better (temporary) good-bye in the members' prattle section. However: should duty call and crawl like a misdirected aphid on the wall, then I bid you warm listening amid this ice floe of passing ancestry. I'll be dealing with death, hence the hiatus. Farewell where fell.

Oct 28, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #793 of 1,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
On the cusp of my departure by plane to attend my snuffed father's wake, I rush to the post office to check off certain last-minute details. There, I find my HF-1 have emerged at last from the maze of bitter workers' inattention: #192, cups ringed with plastic tinged with white. Redolent of queasy-new paint and rubber, they provide odiferous counterpoint to my later listening session.

These headphones will prove fun at work, with their auditorium-sonorous bass; less so for studio performance and arranging than the MS-2, with its metallic clarity. Still, I intend to use the HF-1 while tracking a requested cover for a comp album in memory of a murdered Goth musician, since that music, like the HF-1, is dominated by body-resonating thumps, soothing drones, and the hiss of spars on stone floors. (I got the last-minute call to contribute in the midst of booking my flight.)

Strange, to hear your father's voice in your head post mortem: once powerful and inhibiting, it now rasps like an ill-treated instrument with strings on the verge of snapping -- its age-frail vibrato summoning empathy where high harmonics once pierced the ego.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

I'll try to post a better (temporary) good-bye in the member's prattle section. However: should duty call and crawl like a misdirected aphid on the wall, then I bid you warm listening amid this ice floe of passing ancestry. I'll be dealing with death, hence the hiatus. Farewell where fell.

my condolences, scrypt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back