Surplus Sales
Nov 23, 2005 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Juergen

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone here bought anything from Surplus Sales of Nebraska? (http://www.surplussales.com/). I found out about them through a thread on DynaHi heatsinks. It is located in Omaha (which is where I currently live). My only source for electronic parts locally is Radio Shack
frown.gif
99.9% of my DIY project components come from Digikey or Mouser. You have to order online with Surplus Sales but you (I) can pick it up locally (instant gratification!). I've broused thier online catalog but they have over 20,000 items. Are there any great finds from there that anyone can share?

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 3
They are a great source for high quality switches. Things like selector switches with more that 3 throws and more than 2 poles. They also have switches that you could make stepped volume controls out of. The other thing they have are NOS oil caps. The only thing I have had trouble with is that they list lots of stuff they are out of (like they list 4uF/220V Vitamin Q caps for $5, but they don't actually have them), and when they have not had stuff I ordered, they didn't tell me. I had to call a couple of weeks later to find out. Also, not everything is a great deal, so you need to know what things actually cost or you can over pay.

Nov 23, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Also, not everything is a great deal, so you need to know what things actually cost or you can over pay.

a case of too much success is my thought.ever since they revamped the web site and updated the design the prices went waaaaay higher than they were previous.still a good outlet for some hard to find "special" parts but off my list as main surplus dealer based soley on the price increases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back