sure se210s vs soundmagic pl50 vs UE SuperFi 4
Mar 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

wankski

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Looking for some pointers on a second pair of in ear phones.

I currently have some senn 500s, they’re ok, and find their best use exercising, I don’t mind sweating on them.

Looking for some quality in ears… so far for the price range I’ve isolated, I see Sure SE210s, Soundmagic pl50, and the Ultimate Ears Super Fi 4.

Of these the SE210s look good as the body looks thin (a plus for me as I have weird ears that mean I physically can’t use earbud phones) canal phones work for me, but a bulbous body has the same issue earbud (ibud) types have for me, they don’t sit correctly and are easily ejected, so a canal phone supported entirely by the tip would work best…

Also the sures come with foam tips… never tried it, dunno how I’d like it, but I’d like to try…

Any thoughts on these phones? Which has superior sound outta the three

I’m after easy to drive, great isolation, slimline body, range of tips (can extend to aftermarket), I do like soundstage as far as possible with these types of phones, and I don’t mind bass (which has scared me off the Head direct re0s, perhaps prematurely?).

Ok, secondary question, at the price jump, are the Super Fi 5 phones clearly better than those listed above? and how do they comapre to the similarly priced Etymotic EF5?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back