Support for Chaintech AV-710 in Linux?
Jul 14, 2004 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

geek42

Head-Fier
I've been wanting to move to Linux for my primary desktop (i'm using it at work, and have gotten accustomed to the way things work, and that they work). The only thing holding me back is playing music through my computer...

Anybody know if there's support for the AV-710 in hi-rez mode? If I can get that to work, I'll be saying goodbye to XP, with a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by geek42
I've been wanting to move to Linux for my primary desktop (i'm using it at work, and have gotten accustomed to the way things work, and that they work). The only thing holding me back is playing music through my computer...

Anybody know if there's support for the AV-710 in hi-rez mode? If I can get that to work, I'll be saying goodbye to XP, with a smile on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

It works perfectly under Linux, and I know it's capable of high rez output, but on alsamixer there's a bunch of settings I don't understand that seem to have something to do with the high rez output. I managed to get the card to output noise on the high rez output, but nothing else. I think this was because I had one of the settings on "44100" and not "96000". I think the right combination will result in high rez mode. If anyone figures this out let me know.

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 9
Heh. I spent 30 seconds fiddling with it and now it works perfectly.
biggrin.gif
I'll post a tutorial on how to set it up in a bit.

Jul 14, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 9
Interesting... You have the option of playing out of the high rez jack and the speakers at the same time. I can't get anything but 48000 hz sampling rate to work though. If I set it to anything else via 'amixer cset', I get distortion.

Jul 16, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Good work ADS. I'll add it to the Graphical AV-710 Setup guide (unless you object).

Fine by me.

Oct 5, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm willing to buy this soundcard, as soon as I find it in Europe (preferably at a local store so I won't have to pay shipping costs).

I'll let you know about my personal experience then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back