Supermini-3 Quick Battery Question
Jan 22, 2006 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Strings

Head-Fier
Well I have everything ready to go... I am just slightly hesitant about the batteries needed for my Supermini.

I know it needs 2 AAA batteries. But does it really matter what kind they are? I cant remember all the fancy kinds... but I dont want to damage it so Im just checking.

Ultimately Im going to use rechargable, but im all out of them at the moment, and Im dying just to try it out.

Ta.

Jan 22, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Wrong- If you use the DC-DC Boost, you should only be using NiMH, anything else adds noise. If you aren't using the boost, any batteries are fine.

Jan 23, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Excellent, thats what I thought.

Couldnt confirm as his own forums are down.

I can hear the noise a little with normal batteries, so will get some NiMH asap.

Cheers.

Jan 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Well I use alkalines with mine (DC boost off), and I hear distortion as the batteries trickle down to their last reserves, so I'm not sure what that's about....

Jan 23, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Well I use alkalines with mine (DC boost off), and I hear distortion as the batteries trickle down to their last reserves, so I'm not sure what that's about....

The voltage of alkaline batteries will drop when it's draining, that might explain the distortion. You must be listening to a lot of music, I'm still on my first two batteries, and it's already been 1 and half month,
etysmile.gif
. In any case, rechargables should be better for supermini-steady voltage and no noise with DC boost on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back