Supermicro -vs- iBasso T2 Poll
Apr 13, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the T1 yesterday. I happened by ebay and it was selling for 73 shipped so I got. Its not worth spending the extra $40 and waiting the extra two weeks to get the T2 IMO. Save the money for a desktop tube amp... someday.

There is nothing wrong with the T1 except my fingers have a little problem with those tiny switches. Looking forward to the T2. I voted for the T2 BTW. From my perspective waiting four or five months is not living in the present.

Apr 14, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #17 of 26
true that...I'll prolly wait until I hear something from Xin on a shipping date and then order a T2 or whatever else is looking good then...and get a new player then with slightly more storage and line out...

I guess I'm just gonna have to hibernate and see what you guys have to say about the future some other day!

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 26
Lets revive this thread a bit...I heard the prototype at the meet, impressive. At the meet conditions it had very similar sound to SR-71 (although sr-71 had a bit more headroom)...but that was a prototype and sr-71 is sure as hell bigger.

Apr 29, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #21 of 26
A T2 prototype?

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets revive this thread a bit...I heard the prototype at the meet, impressive. At the meet conditions it had very similar sound to SR-71 (although sr-71 had a bit more headroom)...but that was a prototype and sr-71 is sure as hell bigger.

I did not hear about that prototype at the meet. I was thinking it was the T1 instead of the T2. Let have a little more now about that T2.

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #23 of 26
Was it you walking around in the ew9 at the meet Steve? >.<

Ya there was a T2 lying around at ALO, appropriately labeled if you looked closely, although it did use the T1 chassis. As I was informed by iBasso through the recent contacts, T2 has a black faceplate and aluminum back. I threw in a pre-order for one, they should be released in mid-may.

I spoke to the ALO guy about it and he told me that this is the latest prototype that iBasso sent them asking them to put it up for show, which it got plenty of I think. Apparently its been in design for sometime and ALO did alot of testing and suggestions on how to improve it. I e-mailed iBasso also about the expected differences between that prototype and the final version, and they said that they are going to significantly improve mids and treble in the final version (which is a welcome change, from what I picked up it was a bit lost in the treble, although fairly warm).

Overall, iBasso T2 is what I would call a portable amp size-wise, anything bigger is not something I am willing to drag around (although if there were no such options I'd probably have to grab a Tomahawk). I did not try the bass-boost and sound-stage functions on it, the conditions for such tests were far from ideal, plus I was listening to headphiled SR60 for testing so it was open on top of everything. It seemed generally like something you would use for coloring the sound with its 3 switches, but it performed fairly well, the sr60 was rather musical and not shrill, with nice punchy but not bloated bass, nothing even remotely similar to my experience with sr60 out of a Bithead (oh god, don't do that one ever again).

Apr 29, 2007 at 9:37 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it you walking around in the ew9 at the meet Steve? >.<

No it was not me. But I have been known to walk around with the ATH-EW9s on my ears at work.

Apr 29, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #25 of 26
Here is the image comparison the board of T1 and T2 i borrow from erji
6_256085.jpg

6_256086.jpg

as on the site the gave some information about T2
OP+BUF structure
。Simultaneously pushing two pairs of ear protectors.
。Low-frequency switch upgrade.
。Switching to expand the sound field.
。Gain the option switch.
。Lithium-polymer battery charger + dedicated chip.
。Charging the longest three hours.
。A rechargeable lamp.
。Full automatic turn-off.
。Low voltage detector alarm circuit.
。Below 3V power lights flickered.
。Charging remind users. Life time of 35 hours;
。Maximum output power : 150mW+150mW.

Headset Adapter impedance : 16-300Ω

THD + N : less than 0.009%

s/n: -106dB

Response : 20-100kHz/-1dB

Bass : 120Hz +3dB

Gain : +3dB / +10dB

I really love the design but worried about static noise from this amp while sitting near other electrical devices.

Enjoy

Apr 29, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #26 of 26
Really love the neatness and the size of these boards, they really remind me of the internals of Echo Indigo cards. Hopefully the end result kicks some butt =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back