SuperMacro V3 arrived today...WOW.
Jun 14, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #16 of 20
It does say Hot Wife on your sig line, right? Geez, music and a hot wife. . . now that's life!

John

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Maybe it's just the opamp I'm using, but so far I have to say I like this little guy a lot more than the Gilmore Lite. The sound is rich, dynamic and smooth. I would still like to hear an SR-71, but I don't feel like I gave up too much in the way of SQ with the SM. There are probably slightly more neutral and transparent amps out there, but I'm telling ya this thing is absolutely amazing for its size and if you like the SM signature you're gonna be in audio heaven!

What did you like about the SM3 over the Gilmore Lite?

Jun 14, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer
Not to throw a wet blanket on the fire but, .... aww, screw it....go ahead and pry away - you're a better man than I am, Ken. You'll have to tell me how the NE-whatever-they-ares stack up against my beloved OPA627s. I can't summon up the courage to dissect my little masterpiece, but don't mind a bit if you cut up yours...
biggrin.gif

So you've NEVER popped the hood on the SM?? For shame!
tongue.gif

Well, I'll give it a week with the NE-whatchamacallits and then roll in the 627's. You know what they say about variety being the spice of life, right? Of course, they also have a saying about a guy who pops off some of those legs trying to pry those babies out even after he was warned....

"STUPID is as STUPID does".
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8
The 5534 is only 1$ each so he may just throw them in and could compare them to the 627 but all I listen to now is the 5534 in class A. I don't know what the output bypass adapter is.

John

I had completely forgotten about the NE5534's I had taken out of my SM v.3 the first day I received it! I tried NE5534 then tried it in class A, which gave more detail and transparency. I added my recent findings regarding AD744 and NE5534, stock and class A to my original opamp review post here..

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...52#post1389252

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:20 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
I had completely forgotten about the NE5534's I had taken out of my SM v.3 the first day I received it! I tried NE5534 then tried it in class A, which gave more detail and transparency. I added my recent findings regarding AD744 and NE5534, stock and class A to my original opamp review post here..

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...52#post1389252

Nice! Thanks for the impressions. I definitely want to try the AD744 and NE5534 in Class A now!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back