SuperMacro 3v6 questions
Oct 20, 2006 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sant430

500+ Head-Fier
I'd like to know where to go regarding my next amp. I am very happy with my SM3, but I've got an amp upgrade in my sites. I'm waiting to get an EMU 0404 USB to upgrade from my Audigy (2NX) so that will improve my computer's end. After that, it will either be Darth Beyers or the headphone amp. Since I know where I'm going if I go the Darth route, I'd like to hear some recommendations amp-wise.

My musical tastes are truly diverse. The only genre I don't put much time into is punk. Usually, it's prog rock, rock, metal, rnb, soul, funk, dance, even some country among many others. I don't know if portability is high on the list. I'd stay portable if the bump in quality is significant as well as the ability to use a wallwart for more power. I think the price range would have to be between $350-$600. I wouldn't have a problem paying on the higher end of my budget if again the bump in sq justified it. On that note, I've even thought of just holding out for the SM 5, but I may just get that one anyway!
evil_smiley.gif
I'm also considering a decent tube amp also since I've never owned nor heard a tube amp. I'd use it with a MusicHall 25.2, iPod 5, 5.5, Rio Karma, iAudio X5, Sony RH-1, and very soon a 0404 usb. The headphones/iem's I use are HHF-1, DT770/80, HSR225, HHD580 (the extra H is simply Headphiled), e500, TripleFi, K701.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back