SuperMacro-3, Rediscovering ER4P + ER4P-24
Apr 21, 2005 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crypt@

100+ Head-Fier
At last, that diminutive ebon shaded case with silver etching has broke free from the diabolic entity that is USPS!

Question, has any ety(s) owner put their ER4S equivalent (i.e. ER4P plus "that" cable) through its pace with the SM-3's impedance switch to on? With the additional 75ohms, I'm hearing balance never thought possible before with the etys.

I'm rediscovering the etys all over again! I'm beginning to wonder if the etys should be 175ohms by default.
etysmile.gif

(edit: This is kind of amp related, I guess?
tongue.gif
)

Apr 21, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 7
As I have upgraded over the past 10 months, I am always amazed at how my Etys jump up to new levels with each upgrade. I recently upgraded my source, and I am absolutely floored with their quality. When I got my SR-71, I remember thinking the same thing you are with your new Super Macro. I have HD650/Zu cans as well, but at the office I find my Etys as satisfying, although the experience is slightly different.

Sorry to side track from the new Super Macro which I am sure is an amazing little amp. Just had to jump into the Ety love fest here.

dshea
etysmile.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamz
Hi crypt,

As for this discover, you cannot win the Nobel prize but me.
k1000smile.gif

I know, I was trying to link your comments last night but fixup seemed to have a stutter, sorry! Peace! (pun intended)

Apr 21, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 7
I don't have the P->S adapter, but I love the effects of the impedance switch on the SM3 on my 4Ps. Congrats on your new amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back