Superlux or Koss
Oct 28, 2019 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kakakakakarrotcake

New Head-Fier
Hello
I am looking for headphones under 50$, I listen to rock,metal,bass heavy songs and I need them for light gaming.
I did a little bit of research and i found Superlux 681 from a nearby store for 20$, 668B and 681 Evo i would have to order from aliexpress for around 40$ and I would have to wait for around a month.
Also I found Koss porta pro on ebay for 25-30$ and kph30i.
Which would be best for me?
I couldn't find phillips shp9500 under 80$ with shipping so that is out of my budget.
I need them to work without an amp, I can't afford an amp atm, my pc chip is alc 888 for which I read good things but when i connect my KZ ZS3 they sound worse than on my phone, I will try updating drivers but probably I will have to get a DAC.
I think all of these headphones except 681 are around 50ohms, so can they work without an amp, especially on my phone(xiaomi note 3 pro, pretty good dac i think). I know they would sound better with an amp, so I look to buy one in the future.
I just found Samson SR850 for around 30 $ on Aliexpress

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #2 of 4
Not an expert, but I have the Porta Pro and the 681 EVO. The Superlus is better than Koss in every way. Tighter bass, more clarity, much wider soundstage, and more comfortable, the Koss makes my ears sore after an hour or so. Neither need an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back