Superlux hd681 evo mods and amp, or new headphones?
Feb 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AceClay

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have these Superlux HD681 Evo headphones since they were recommended here and pretty much anywhere for their price. Now since the headband got broken, I've decided that since I'm gonna fix that might aswell do some tweaks about them. I mostly use them for gaming (wide soundstage, need to know what sound comes from where). Now can someone list or link me guides to mod these ? I'm asking this because I found some mods for normal 681's so I thought you guys know if there's some for these too.

Second thing is if I'm going to buy a amp what should I buy? Now the price I'd go for is like 50$ max if that's possible.

Last thing, I bought these evo's like year or two ago..? (these are the newer model thought) so are there any alternatives for these today that are good for gaming? I would much preferrably wear earphomes or IEM's (how about CM Storm Pitch?) but I've read they are not nearly as good for gaming as headphones right?

Ps. Any ideas where I could buy new headband for these evo's? Or any tips on this? I've just used hot glue but that doesn't hold it for long..

Thank you! :wink:

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 12
I just bought an e11k amp and it's great choice.  headphone wise I would think an upgrade would be a UE 6000 (can be bought used for under 60) and includes a built in amp and sounds quite awesome in my opinion.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #4 of 12
Thank you mate. I will consider these.

Also I should mention here that the amplifier doesn't need to be portable since I use that with computer, which brings to my mind is getting a soundcard better option at this pricerange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back