Superlux HD681 EVO Isolation?
Jul 13, 2013 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RockFertigAus

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I'm looking to buy my first good pair of headphones, and saw the HD681 EVOs have some pretty good reviews on here. I'm a little worried about the noise isolation though, does anyone know how well they isolate? How about leakage?
I'm also looking at the Sennheiser HD280 Pro for better isolation. From what I've heard, though, the superlux will sound much better, and I do like the idea of having at least somewhat open headphones. Thoughts?
In terms of isolation, I'm most worried about using them on a plane, bus, etc. Of course leakage also has to be low enough that people wouldn't be bothered by it.
I listen to pretty much any kind of music.
My budget right now is anything under $100, the Sennheisers are already just about as expensive as I would consider going.
Thanks in advance.

Jul 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Leakage is pretty bad. At a high but still comfortable listening volume, I can hear them from 5 feet away in a quiet room. For public transport like the bus or train, I don't think the leakage would be a problem since there will be a lot of people talking around you and motor noise, but wouldn't recommend the EVO for libraries or planes. As for isolation, I can still pretty much hear everything around me when I put them on. I can easily drown out motorcycle noise when I turn up the volume, but then the leakage problem I mentioned above comes in.

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, the EVOs leak like hell. But they isolate pretty well from the outworld (at least for me), i don't really hear any noises from the outside, when i have these on. But the sound leakage to the outside iss crazy, theyre pretty loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back