I think about the Takstar Hi2050 or the superlus hd668b 
with amplifire fiio 10k

which one to chose or maybe there is other options

May 16, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 24
  I want to buy headphones for less then 50$ 
I think about the Takstar Hi2050 or the superlus hd668b 
with amplifire fiio 10k

which one to chose or maybe there is other options

I haven't tried the HD668b, but the Hi-2050 is stunning for the price.

May 17, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 24
The 2 have somewhat similar sound signature imo, which is: v shaped, detailed and bright. In stock form I find that the bass and soundstage on the 668b is better than 2050, whereas the mid on 2050 is fuller and more engaging. Both have very extended and unrefined high, which lead to harshness especially on bad recorded stuff.  668b has attachable cable, 2050 doesn't. Comfort wise, HI 2050 beats the 668b with their beyerdynamic-like velour earpads, produce less sweat than the leatherette earpads of the 668b, but the headband yokes of 2050 can't reach long which is troublesome for those who have large heads.

May 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #5 of 24
  how thay sound like ?
and maybe some else help me ?

(I listen almost exclusively to high quality recordings)
To me they sound very well, open, airy, pretty balanced. They render strings very well. Pretty tight mid-bass. Not the biggest soundstage but quite precise. It's on the bright camp so over compressed recordings and/or those recordings with too much sibilance can sound quite unnatural.

It's true that they aren't as smooth as a Sennheiser HD6xx, or as precise as a Beyer DT880, but at its price point, I find them hard to beat. Build quality and comfort are very good, and their sound is not tweaked like other cheap headphones (big bass, foggy midrange and no treble). The Hi-2050 is a revealing headphone that can play quality classical recordings and make them justice.

If you want a warm headphone with very smooth treble or if you want bass monsters then look elsewhere.
The Pioneer SE-A1000 is warmer and a tad less bright although not as precise/less clarity.

Best Luck!

May 17, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 24
  The 2 have somewhat similar sound signature imo, which is: v shaped, detailed and bright. In stock form I find that the bass and soundstage on the 668b is better than 2050, whereas the mid on 2050 is fuller and more engaging. Both have very extended and unrefined high, which lead to harshness especially on bad recorded stuff.  668b has attachable cable, 2050 doesn't. Comfort wise, HI 2050 beats the 668b with their beyerdynamic-like velour earpads, produce less sweat than the leatherette earpads of the 668b, but the headband yokes of 2050 can't reach long which is troublesome for those who have large heads.

so what to choose ?

(I listen almost exclusively to high quality recordings)
To me they sound very well, open, airy, pretty balanced. They render strings very well. Pretty tight mid-bass. Not the biggest soundstage but quite precise. It's on the bright camp so over compressed recordings and/or those recordings with too much sibilance can sound quite unnatural.

It's true that they aren't as smooth as a Sennheiser HD6xx, or as precise as a Beyer DT880, but at its price point, I find them hard to beat. Build quality and comfort are very good, and their sound is not tweaked like other cheap headphones (big bass, foggy midrange and no treble). The Hi-2050 is a revealing headphone that can play quality classical recordings and make them justice.

If you want a warm headphone with very smooth treble or if you want bass monsters then look elsewhere.
The Pioneer SE-A1000 is warmer and a tad less bright although not as precise/less clarity.

Best Luck!

I am like the beyerdynamic desgin
and i heard that the takstar sound like dt990 is it true ?
and what to choose takstar or superlux

Personally I found the 668b to be very neutral, with maybe a ever so slightly more aggressive treble.

ok thank you

for all i see that the takstar is'nt so famous like superlux
and lot of pepole say that superlux is very good i cant find some good review about the takstar
and i cant find them on headphone.com soung graph

May 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 24
  so what to choose ?

I am like the beyerdynamic desgin
and i heard that the takstar sound like dt990 is it true ?

The Hi-2050 has a Beyer-like sound presentation. It has more bass than DT880s but probably a bit less than DT990 250 Ohm. It's also brighter than DT880, and probably not as much as DT990.
The midrange presentation is slightly different from the Beyers. I've found the Hi-2050 slightly more forward sounding in the upper mids than the Beyer, which are typically slightly recessed there.

The soundstage as I've said is compact on the Hi-2050, even more than DT880s. So in terms of soundstage openness, it goes like this:
DT990 > DT880 > Hi-2050

Then, to my ears the Hi-2050 sound closer to the DT880 in the overall experience.

I haven't tried the Superluxes yet, so I can't help you with that.

I like the Beyer style much more than the AKG-AudioTechnica mix style of HD668B.

The Takstar can be upgraded with velour HM5 pads, not sure about the Superluxes.

May 18, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #9 of 24
so what to choose ?

Both are very good budget headphones at their own rights, I think you can't go wrong with either of them. I personally chose to go with the HI 2050 because it seems to be much more sturdier than the Superlux (metal versus plastic). It could be easier for us to give recommendations if you can list out your favorite music genres. For me, I usually listen to rock and metal, and some classical every now and then, the HI 2050 does a decent job for those genres. Beware that it might not be suitable for EDM, cause its severly lack sub bass and the highs will be unbearable at least for my own listening experience.
Also, I generally with what Me X3 has said above. Being an owner of all 3 DT880, DT990 and HI 2050, I too find that HI 2050 leans toward the sound signature of the DT880 more than that of the DT990, but with more mid bass and slightly more present mid range. If you do purchase the HI 2050 later, I strongly suggest you insert some ethernet cables inside the earpads. That will raise the distance between your ears and the drivers, providemore soundstage and reduce the heat.

May 18, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 24
  Both are very good budget headphones at their own rights, I think you can't go wrong with either of them. I personally chose to go with the HI 2050 because it seems to be much more sturdier than the Superlux (metal versus plastic). It could be easier for us to give recommendations if you can list out your favorite music genres. For me, I usually listen to rock and metal, and some classical every now and then, the HI 2050 does a decent job for those genres. Beware that it might not be suitable for EDM, cause its severly lack sub bass and the highs will be unbearable at least for my own listening experience.
Also, I generally with what Me X3 has said above. Being an owner of all 3 DT880, DT990 and HI 2050, I too find that HI 2050 leans toward the sound signature of the DT880 more than that of the DT990, but with more mid bass and slightly more present mid range. If you do purchase the HI 2050 later, I strongly suggest you insert some ethernet cables inside the earpads. That will raise the distance between your ears and the drivers, providemore soundstage and reduce the heat.

I listen to imagine dragons and drum and bass and maybe dubstep but easy dubstep to
and what do you mean in putting ethernet cable in earpads ?

May 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #11 of 24
I listen to DnB too, imo HI 2050 lacks the necessary bass to make DnB sound satisfactorily. Though it plays Imagine Dragons pretty well, again imo.

See that white part? That's one piece of my unused ethernet cable.

May 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #12 of 24
  I listen to DnB too, imo HI 2050 lacks the necessary bass to make DnB sound satisfactorily. Though it plays Imagine Dragons pretty well, again imo.

See that white part? That's one piece of my unused ethernet cable.

adnd the ethernet cable make any diffrent ?
and can you give me full view of your headphones : )

May 18, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #13 of 24
As I said, the earpads are a bit shallow for my ears, so by inserting the cables, it will help my ear not touch the cloth layer and generate more soundstage.

Left to right: Takstar HI 2050, Beyerdynamic DT880 premium, DT990 pro

May 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 24
I own both and prefer the Takstar Hi-2050.

Better build quality (HD668B is kinda flimsy but really light)

Takstars also have better pads (HD668B stock pads are pretty stiff)

In terms of SQ they are both pretty detailed, but the Superlux can sound a bit harsh when you turn it up, and it has a pretty noticeable bass rolloff. Makes the entire thing sound a bit tinny IMO. The superlux definitely has a wider, more "open" presentation though. Better for games.

Personally I dont even think the HD668B are the best Superlux you can get for your money (the 681 EVO gives you more for the money, is cheaper, and is a more capable headphone despite being more v-shaped/bass heavy)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back