Superlux HD662 Evo
May 5, 2016 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

iancraig10

Headphoneus Supremus
In a word...... Stunning value for money.

Deep bass is there. Raised top. But sound is extremely lucid for a headphone at this price level.

It comes with pleathour pads and a spare set of velour. The velours are extremely soft making the headphone very comfortable. Fiddly to fit into the retaining groove because the rubber is actually really stretchy.

Bargain of the year!!!

May 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 18
So it actually exists now?
There was a CGI render of it without a product for several years.

How would you describe the build/material quality. I have a Superlux HD660  which sounded good, but started to fracture and fall apart after a few years.

Does it look like this?

May 6, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 18
Yes, that's it. Build is ok. Not brilliant, but at the silly price that it sells for, I'd just get another one.

The sound is really quite good and bass, although raised also goes ver low.

The velour pads are really soft as well.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 18
Hi @iancraig10 ,
Thank you for a great recommendation. I had tested a few headphones recently , and one brand in particular lead me to a manufacturer who was making headphones for other companies at a fraction of the price. We are talking $50 wholesale price for a $200 product. Which led me to wonderring whether there were really decent headphones out there for stupid prices. I bought the Superlux HD662 EVO for 32 Euros. It had detachable cables with 2 different cables thrown in , and 2 sets of pads, and a carry bag.
The bass was way too hard for me so all I did so far was to take the foam inserts out. They're not glued in they come straight out with no effort. That kept the bass under control but didn't muddy any of the other dynamics. The velour pads muddied the sound to my ears so I have stuck with the pleather pads.
The headphones are exactly as you describe, I would go further and say this has a decent sound stage and sounds reallly fun. That's without further modding. I wish they sounded a bit louder through a smartphone but who can complain at these prices?

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #8 of 18
In a word...... Stunning value for money.

Deep bass is there. Raised top. But sound is extremely lucid for a headphone at this price level.

It comes with pleathour pads and a spare set of velour. The velours are extremely soft making the headphone very comfortable. Fiddly to fit into the retaining groove because the rubber is actually really stretchy.

Bargain of the year!!!

What would be difference with HD668B?

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 18
I have a review coming out shortly on these, they are really fun to listen to and excellent value for money.

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 18
http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-662-evo/reviews/16386

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #14 of 18
I must say that I am blown away by the Superlux 662 Evo  ...  especially when they are modded with 2 sheets of toilet tissue and a 4 pieces of sticky tape, as detailed in the DIY .pdf 

Formerly I had the Sennheiser HD600 , and to my ears, these budget cans sound better or at least on par with them.   The bass is awesome and the sonic stage is much wider than expected for closed headphones.   I must say I prefer closed cans for a better noise cancellation effect.

One recommendation is to upgrade the pads on them with some good memory foam inserts.   I am excited about this purchase and feel this by far the best pair of headphones you can get under $50 , and maybe even the best sub $100 pair. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back