Superlux 668B's broken...or not?
Nov 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

djsavage

New Head-Fier
So I recently dropped my Superlux 668B's and the sound stopped coming from the right cup. I'm pretty sure it's not the cable because it's working with other headphones (the 668B's have a detachable cable that's basically a headphone extender). Is there any way to fix them? If not then Black Friday is just around the corner, I could probably get a new pair or even a different headphone.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello, I am an owner of Superlux HD668b and I found the left channel to stop playing occasionally. At first some knock on or shake with left cup helps, but then it died completelly. There is no secure stick "when remove warranty void" so I opened the left cup and found a pretty mess of tiny cables. There is very little of space for them, they can interract easily, if tiny cable shielding will break IMO. I connected headphones to the source, start play and try to touch every cable. I found the cause of my problem (when i touch it, left channel started to play), it was bad solder of tiny blue wire from jack and red cable of driver in the cup. I remove the black piece of shield, soldered them again together and problem has been solved. 
At first, I suggest you to check the cables inside the cups. Hope it will helps...

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Hello, I am an owner of Superlux HD668b and I found the left channel to stop playing occasionally. At first some knock on or shake with left cup helps, but then it died completelly. There is no secure stick "when remove warranty void" so I opened the left cup and found a pretty mess of tiny cables. There is very little of space for them, they can interract easily, if tiny cable shielding will break IMO. I connected headphones to the source, start play and try to touch every cable. I found the cause of my problem (when i touch it, left channel started to play), it was bad solder of tiny blue wire from jack and red cable of driver in the cup. I remove the black piece of shield, soldered them again together and problem has been solved. 
At first, I suggest you to check the cables inside the cups. Hope it will helps...

Thanks a bunch! You helped me find the source of my problem, the wires seem to have separated but when I hold them to their corresponding sides I can here music from the left headphone. Now I just need to get a soldering iron or something, although I've never used one before...

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I think the best you could do is buy a soldering iron and some solder and learn how to do it through youtube, or you could probably even go to a local hardware or craft store that sells soldering irons, and ask around if you could pay someone $10 to solder a joint or two for you, since I'm not sure how many places online would be willing to solder a small job like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back