Superglue + BestSkinEver = predicament
May 23, 2007 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Illuminant Frog

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. Just thought I would throw this question out and see how it goes. I managed to get some superglue (Tarzan's Grip) onto the screen of my ZVM. I've got the BSE on there so no dramas, but considering ive already replaced the damn thing once
rolleyes.gif
I'd rather not do it again, living in Australia and all. Anyone know anything that might make the protector glue-free?

May 23, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 11
Not using super glue around the mp3 player is definitely a good idea, aside from that super glue bonds especially well to plastics and rubbers. IIRC there is no solvent that will take it off without damaging the skin.

May 23, 2007 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 11
Oh gawd, you scared me. From the title, it sounded like you super glued the BSE on your player, and then the light went on in your head.
eek.gif

May 23, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 11
In my experience when I used to do miniature hobby type stuff, Simple Green will weaken superglue without harming plastics. The stuff is all natural and I've never had an issue with it damaging plastic, but you might want to test it first. It's hardly instant acting, you might need to leave a droplet sitting on top of the skin overnight or so.

May 24, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my experience when I used to do miniature hobby type stuff, Simple Green will weaken superglue without harming plastics. The stuff is all natural and I've never had an issue with it damaging plastic, but you might want to test it first. It's hardly instant acting, you might need to leave a droplet sitting on top of the skin overnight or so.

It would be worth a try since the OP was planning on getting a new one!

May 26, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by verymagicalguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acetone dissolves superglue, but I don't know what it'll do to the BSE...

And quite a few plastics, such a abs plastic. Some plastics are immune such as milk jug plastic, (forget what type it is), and Norel and delrin, acetal...

Ply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back