superfi4(backbeat pro) vs addiem
Nov 12, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
im guessing that becuase the addiem has two drivers, it can move more air and therefore have better bass responce, but i could be wrong. which iem sounds better? please help me out. thanks so much!

Not entirely true, as it depends on tuning of those drivers.  It's useless to have two drivers if they aren't tuned properly.  But the Apple IEMs do have more bass, but neither are even close to that of dynamics. 

Nov 12, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 17
Nov 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #7 of 17
Of course I'm serious. From China, and shoddy looking packaging. And you can't "not accept an order" on eBay. Maybe if the seller is really kind and generous, they'll let you back out, but otherwise you've made a commitment. That's what being a responsible adult is about. You need to exercise better discretion in the future.

Check item number 320785997477 . They're not the seller I got my ADDIEMs from so I can't say they're 100% legit, but they have gotten good feedback for their ADDIEM sales so far, and they're at least in the USA (you are too right?), so you can return them for about $1.50 if they're not genuine, instead of having them "never arrive" after paying $5 for uninsured return shipping to China and losing money three times over.

ADDIEMs are fantastic btw. Best sub-$40 IEM out there.

Quote:
are you serious..im not going to accept the order. i found a pair of each on ebay that looks like genuines of both, so the question is still at are the superfi4 or addiem better, i want to buy asap? tinyman votes addiem, anyone else with opinions, it is greatly appreciated

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 17
hey guys, has anyone heard both iems and can  give me the low down between the addiem and the backbeatpro(superfi4)

i know that neither will dissapoint in mids/treble imaging seperation clairty etc to my ears, so im concerned about the low end.
i want the one that has better bass impact, texture, depth, soundstage basically the one that moves more air, sounds more like a dynamic moving coil.

im guessing that becuase the addiem has two drivers, it can move more air and therefore have better bass responce, but i could be wrong. which iem sounds better? please help me out. thanks so much!

The Sony EX310, JVC FXC51 are much closer to your liking and ADDIEM are more mellow sounding IEMs with average bass response and soundstage. JVC FXC51 are crisp, warm, detailed with great bass response and price is surprisinly low. The Sony EX310 has more bass(deep, punchy, crisp and rich) with detailed mids, highs and wide soundstage.

Nov 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 17
Analytical and balanced aren't opposing forces. The ADDIEM are both. They have good bass, good mids, and good treble, and don't excel or fall short in any area. They are quite analytical so you're going to hear more details instead of a full, sweeping, warm, lush sound -- but I prefer that, especially in response to most headphones which are more warm than analytical.

I would say the ADDIEM are better than the SF4, but only based on comments I've seen online; I've never heard the SF4.

Nov 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #13 of 17
ADDIEM soundstage is only average in comparison to other IEMs. Very good; not bad, not great. Just like every other aspect of them.

Quote:
alright, cool.  also how about the soundstage?  i remember when i heard my friends superfi4, they were great at placing you in the center of the sounds. i could clearly tell the hi hats were coming from the left, the ride cymbal on the right the floor tom on the right, etc. does the addiem have a good/better "immersive 3d soundstage" as the superfi4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back