Super opamp?
Mar 8, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 12
Well, it is from Ebay, so I'm not sure how legitimate those claims are. I'm not saying it sucks or anything (I don't know how it performs), but I'm just telling you to be careful with Ebay.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 12
Pure profiteering, the only thing they sell that I would even look twice at is the super clock. Interestingly, they have two on sale, one for AUD 99, the other for AUD149. Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, they are the same. My bet for the "super opamp" is it's either a simple discrete job potted in an "audiophile" case, total cost around £10, or simply a potted dual opamp. Either way, it's not £52 worth of kit! AVOID

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 12
Had a discussion with another forum member about stacking OP amps (similar to stacking buffers... I believe). We didn't get into details, but I wonder if there are just OP amps stacks in there?

???

Garrett

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 12
[sarcasm on]Well, their claim is based on three factors: Unity Gain Bandwidth, Slew Rate and Settling time. If those three are the most important, then one should certainly consider this one instead:

http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,759...8003%2C00.html

It beats the crap out of Burson in terms of the three factors.
[sarcasm off]

Of course you cannot use just Unity Gain Bandwidth, Slew Rate and Settling time to judge an opamp in audio performance, but I can't speak for sure unless someone have heard those opamps.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 12
Why would you want to stack opamps if they are in a buffered circuit?

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Why would you want to stack opamps if they are in a buffered circuit?

Yeah Im not sure what exactly the advantage is. The other forum member mentioned trying stacked buffrers and stacked OP amps in a mint. More / less as an experiment. He is a knowledgeable DIY guy...so I really didn't question it in detail.

Garrett

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #10 of 12
It looks to be an off the shelf op amp potted in goop and stuffed in a copper pipe connector fitting. I also noticed their compatibility list does not include the BB627. Now that's a super op amp.

Mar 28, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyjames8
It looks to be an off the shelf op amp potted in goop and stuffed in a copper pipe connector fitting. I also noticed their compatibility list does not include the BB627. Now that's a super op amp.

lol
do you think is it so bad & not worth listening ?
from the picture ( ->scheme ) in facts it doesn't seem to show any particularly cool design choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back