Super FreQ Picture Index [56k Friendly] Updated Regularly
Mar 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #31 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gratz!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for taking up my challenge and making this thread. It was nice to see all the pics again
smily_headphones1.gif

So only 10 head-fiers got their FreQ on so far? hmmm seemed like more of us hehe. I guess we aren't the reason they are so busy huh?

Yeah no problem. It was fun compiling all the pictures because I was considering the FreQ's myself and now they are mine (to come). Yeah their might be more headfiers that have FreQ's but haven't posted pictures or what not.

I will definitely post plenty of pictures when I get mine. It will probably be around 2-3 weeks. Too bad FreQ is located in Florida. Im in Cali.
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #33 of 166
^thank you. Thread updated, new pic added.!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Enjoy guys

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #34 of 166
i ordered my FreQ's guys. My kit should be here soon.

I chose colors

Inner: PUrple
Outer: Black
Cord; Black
Orientation: over ear

Mar 17, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #36 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by wquiles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this outer color really black?
2319096401_303a85c0c9.jpg

All of the other black outers look more like this one:
dsc2140py0.jpg

Will

yeah im prettty sure its black. FreQ i think changed their colors to metallic or something. It is confusing. I don't really want the shiny black I would prefer more of the plain black. What other color could it be??

p.s i wish i didnt go with free ground shipping, it takes like a week. I am stlil waiting on my kit. growing impatient...

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #39 of 166
The difference cannot be due to lighting - notice that in the first picture, the 'freQ' logo is printed on the part through which the cable protrudes. In the second picture, however, the logo is not present - suggesting a design modification. Because of the orientation of the earphones in the first picture, it is impossible to tell whether the logo is printed on the inner ear section, as in the second picture...

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #40 of 166
^yes it is due to lighting, but they are 2 different blacks.

Also the FreQ logo is supposed to be on the inside and outside. I am not sure how the black/purple escaped it....

Mar 17, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #41 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by riprock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freq-blkgld.jpg

These are Black inside, Gold outside
standard black cable

Can i get a picture of the gold without flash ?

If you didn't use flash in the first place then it's ok.
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

PS: Anyone has FreQs in gold or green or yellow?

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #42 of 166
Called FreQ about my order and my kit and they said that some kits having been getting to people so they said that they would send out another. I should either get the old one today or get the new one they send me in a few days :frowning2:

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #43 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^yes it is due to lighting, but they are 2 different blacks.

Also the FreQ logo is supposed to be on the inside and outside. I am not sure how the black/purple escaped it....

DING DING DING - we have a winner!

I actually sent an email to FreQ's with this same question, and Elluzion got it perfectly:
- those are two different blacks. The black with no FreQ's were the early ones, and in fact, they "should" have the FreQ logo in them but they don't. The current products in Black do have the "brighter" finish and also the FreQ logo.

- The FreQ person said that yes, lighting makes the one with the FreQ logo look brighter than it really is.

The best part of this is that I actually don't like the plain black - I like the new one with the logo at lot more, and that is exactly what I am getting on mine
smily_headphones1.gif

I also asked them about what I do now, since I don't need a home kit (I already have professional ear impressions). They said that they will ship to me the empty box/kit, and that I then use this pre-paid "pouch" to sent my impressions back to them. They said that I can send my Wetone ES braided black cables and that they will attempt to use these - if they can't, they will use their own black cable and return mine with my ear impressions.

I have to admit that am really happy with their support so far in answering questions/concerns. I really look forward to having my own FreQ's in the next couple of weeks or so
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

Mar 17, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 166
Quote:

I actually sent an email to FreQ's with this same question, and Elluzion got it perfectly:
- those are two different blacks. The black with no FreQ's were the early ones, and in fact, they "should" have the FreQ logo in them but they don't. The current products in Black do have the "brighter" finish and also the FreQ logo.

- The FreQ person said that yes, lighting makes the one with the FreQ logo look brighter than it really is.

The best part of this is that I actually don't like the plain black - I like the new one with the logo at lot more, and that is exactly what I am getting on mine
smily_headphones1.gif

I also asked them about what I do now, since I don't need a home kit (I already have professional ear impressions). They said that they will ship to me the empty box/kit, and that I then use this pre-paid "pouch" to sent my impressions back to them. They said that I can send my Wetone ES braided black cables and that they will attempt to use these - if they can't, they will use their own black cable and return mine with my ear impressions.

I have to admit that am really happy with their support so far in answering questions/concerns. I really look forward to having my own FreQ's in the next couple of weeks or so
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

I knew I was right. As i said before they changed the colors in production. The earlier models got a different finish to them. Now the colors are more metallic (i am not sure if all the colors are this way or not)

Yes I also like the shiny black better,

Thanks for clearing this up wquiles

i wonder what the blue would look like, do you think its metallic?? (for inner ear)

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #45 of 166
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Will

I wish I had sent them a cable to use too. My biggest complaint is not having the right angle plug
frown.gif

I'm hoping they will announce the cable upgrade soon and it will include a right angle plug. If I could find a nice small one, I would change it myself. The mini plugs I bought from Switchcraft are way too big. I like the one Westone uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back