Super.fi Pro Thicker Cable out yet?
Apr 14, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #2 of 5
I just got my RMA'd SF5pros back and the cable IS thicker. But its not as thick as I would want it. At least it is now equivilent to stock headphone cables.

Apr 14, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 5
what's so great about the thicker cable? are there sonic differences? wouldn't it be heavier and stiffer. i remember my e3c cables were to heavy and stiff, when i moved around it would cause the iem's to fall out of my ear. but they didn't have the memory part like the ue's

woohoo 100th post

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bolo_fd
what's so great about the thicker cable? are there sonic differences? wouldn't it be heavier and stiffer. i remember my e3c cables were to heavy and stiff, when i moved around it would cause the iem's to fall out of my ear. but they didn't have the memory part like the ue's

woohoo 100th post

There won't be any audible differences at that length, but I think the hope is that they'll be sturdier.

Your experience with what happens when cables are TOO stiff is a good counterpoint, though.

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 5
According straight from UE's rep form repeated emails I received back...

"It'll be thicker."
"It will be more robust."

So basically, it's to cancel out more microphonics and the fear for those who think they will snap the thin cable in half at any second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back