super.fi 5vi and where to get them Wednesday
Sep 26, 2008 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

b00tang

Head-Fier
Well I was really happy with my vibes (seriously) until the cable cracked and v-moda decided to just not respond to me when I asked them about it (they are out of warranty, but not even a response? come on). I also want to get something that will let me control my iphone without pulling it out of my pocket and unlocking...

The super.fi 5vi s seem to be about in my budget and will be out in a matter of days. Does anyone know what UE means when they say "not available for purchase until October 1st"? Does that mean they will be available in stores that day or only that I can order them on the 1st? I live in manhattan so it would be nice if I could just walk to the apple store and pick them up.

I also haven't seen too much said about the 5vis (probably because they aren't out yet). Can anyone suggest a different option that still has iphone control and is around that 200$ price range? I'm also tempted to buy some used triple.fi 10s and just hope that I can get a replacement cable with an iphone button someday.

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I was really happy with my vibes (seriously) until the cable cracked and v-moda decided to just not respond to me when I asked them about it (they are out of warranty, but not even a response? come on). I also want to get something that will let me control my iphone without pulling it out of my pocket and unlocking...

The super.fi 5vi s seem to be about in my budget and will be out in a matter of days. Does anyone know what UE means when they say "not available for purchase until October 1st"? Does that mean they will be available in stores that day or only that I can order them on the 1st? I live in manhattan so it would be nice if I could just walk to the apple store and pick them up.

I also haven't seen too much said about the 5vis (probably because they aren't out yet). Can anyone suggest a different option that still has iphone control and is around that 200$ price range? I'm also tempted to buy some used triple.fi 10s and just hope that I can get a replacement cable with an iphone button someday.

There has been some discussion on the Super.Fi 5s... I think the general thought is that they are slightly better than the Super.Fi 5 Pro...

I currently I have some Sleek SA6s and would realllly like to have something with a control button built in. I heard from Mack at Sleek that their upcoming iPhone cable only has a microphone and no button.

With that in mind I'm thinking of selling the sleeks and replacing them with the SF 5vis or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back