super fi 5pros housing cracking
Apr 7, 2006 at 10:05 PM Post #46 of 54
Hey All,

Well I got a new pair of them!! The official word on the problem is to do with the metal carry case, Hand Held Audio called me today and said to be careful when using it as there is a correct way to do it. There was a picture on here a while back that works well, someone will dig it up at some point I guess. They said that Ultimate Ears would be changing the design of the case at some point (and hopefully providing free ones to all of us lot
etysmile.gif
).

Rob

Apr 7, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #47 of 54
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
They're Here!! Found my new SF5P's on the doorstep after work. Fingers are crossed that it was a batch problem. I had never heard anything about the problem being the metal case. How does the metal case have something to do with it? I can only figure that maybe putting too much tension when wrapping the cord around? I always wrapped mine kinda loose to avoid the tension, so go figure. Just glad to have them again.

Apr 7, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #48 of 54
Superb!

Mike at Handheld said that there may be a fault with the materials, the glue holdings both parts of the earphone togther or the build quality... i.e. he didn't really know.

In my situation, it wasn't the metal case, although I'm sure some people have stored their headphones incorrectly. I for one, tried and couldn't get them to sit properly, so I didn't store them in the case.

On another note... I haven't listened to my Ipod for a couple of weeks now. There's no way I could go back to using the stock apple ear buds after the SF5P's
orphsmile.gif
!

Apr 8, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #49 of 54
I sent mine in early this week, and I just called and she said I should get them by tuesday.

Apr 8, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #50 of 54
Yeehaaaw!!!

biggrin.gif
Just arrived this morning!
biggrin.gif
Suprised and happy.

As Roblo stated, theres a note saying that it's possible to crack the headphones when closing the lid of the case. Never mind, they are here now... it's like Xmas has come again!

I pray that they don't crack again.

Jun 4, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #52 of 54
Discovered earlier this month that my right side had cracked. Purchase date of Jan 2006. I know UE is out of stock right now of the black model (which mine was). I sent it back 9 days ago, I hope my replacement comes soon.

Jun 4, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #53 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funkij
I think this is the way that they should be stored in the case, ensuring the the tops of the earphones don't protrude over the lip of the bowl in the middle...

??? how do you wrap the cables in opposite directions from the driver like the 3rd pic?

I ended up storing them in a Shure clamshell. $15 from amazon

Jun 14, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #54 of 54
Hey,

I simply have the memory wires wrapped around the hub of the container. I don't bend them into that shape, as that's how they are already shaped around my ears. For example, the right ear piece wraps around in an anti-clockwise direction, with the left ear going the other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back