Super.fi 5Pro ... WOW!!!!
Apr 14, 2006 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
I just received a new pair of UE Super.fi 5Pro and i can't tell you how incredibly impressed i am with the sound coming out of these earphones....even unamped. I used to own a HD-600 + Ray Samuels XP-7 combo, a pair of sony SA-3K , Grado MS2i and etymotic er-6i and never before have i so drastically been amazed. Every song i throw at these 5pro's turn alive in ways that previous headphones i've owned haven't managed.

Am i totally absurd in thinking this or do ther believe these UE earphones blow many large headphones away?

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 14
they sound excellent.... but one of the problems is their lack of upscaling...they dont' improve noticibly on an amplifier....so i usually dont' use mine with an amp.
they get a little better after burn-in.
Great to know your are enjoying them... keep the impressions comming.

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
they sound excellent.... but one of the problems is their lack of upscaling...they dont' improve noticibly on an amplifier....so i usually dont' use mine with an amp.
they get a little better after burn-in.
Great to know your are enjoying them... keep the impressions comming.

hm, I wasnt aware that iems "burned in"...
confused.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #6 of 14
yeah, i couldn't really imagine them needing much amplification. The earphones are ridiculously sensitive...and are pretty damn loud even on the lowest volume levels of my computer/ipod. Would an amp be able to improve sonic characteristics of these earphones which the EQ wouldn't be able to do?

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #7 of 14
i was really blown away by mine..the detail
etysmile.gif
. and i liked the sound right in my head. i still prefer a good full size headphone setup..i think..apples n oranges .
too bad my superfi 5's cracked . i will buy them again real soon for sure, i miss them
they kind of irritated the skin in my ears sometimes..once it started i had to give them a break for a day or two.

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah, i don't understand how i prefer the super.fi over my new pair of Alessandro MS2i's. I'm actually in the process of making a millet hybrid for them...hopefully that's change my mind about them....but otherwise i'm not totally blown away by the MS2i's.

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel
Yeah, i don't understand how i prefer the super.fi over my new pair of Alessandro MS2i's. I'm actually in the process of making a millet hybrid for them...hopefully that's change my mind about them....but otherwise i'm not totally blown away by the MS2i's.

Could it be the bass ?

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #10 of 14
I think it might be.....they both have very good soundstage. The MS2i's have better high's it seems...but doesn't really give you the thump that the UE5Pros have. TheSeru - I noticed in your label that you have the same earphones, but with the Thicker cable. Where did you get them from?

Apr 14, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #11 of 14
It seems that you might be a basshead
basshead.gif

IMO it's time to get a pair of DT990 pros for some good satisfying fun bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Or the HD650 for a refined headphone with nice deep bass.

Probably I didn't get a good fit although I really tried hard to, but I found the super.fi pros bass to be nice but at the same time a bit muddy and not well controlled when compared to the headphones above.

They are still very good for IEMs though. A great pair of IEM
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 14
i love my super.fi 5 pro
smily_headphones1.gif

of course, this is coming from a senn mx550, with no other decent point of comparison...

still, great sound! i understand now when people say that you hear things you never heard in these songs.

i'm using them with a muvo v200 with the volume set at 1
eek.gif
thats out of 20, i think. there's some hiss, actually more like squeeks, but then it's a prob with my source than the cans.

net, WOW
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #13 of 14
It's the IEM's. The Super.fi Pro's were my preferred IEM until I got my UE-10's. Their sound is fantastic. I can't wait to hear UE's new Triple X IEM.

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #14 of 14
they sound pretty good, but for some reason i still prefer my hd497s, which were 1/4 the cost! ($40 vs. $160).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back