Super fi 5EB alternatives?
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SkyZippr

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm a newbie from Japan. Sorry if my English is messy.
I used to own a Super fi 5EB, but the unit broke and I was never able to find earbuds that sound alike. I've tried several earbuds that are famous for their bassy sound, like Sennheiser IE80 and SONY's Extra Bass series, but I felt that their bass and treble were "muffled" as compared to 5EB.
My 5EB broke 2 years ago, so my memory might be exaggerating my experience with them, but I'm really hoping to find an alternative to 5EB.
I mainly listen to Techno and R&B. My budget would be around 300 USD. It would be better if it comes WITHOUT an iPod remote, because I don't own one.
Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 2
I enjoy the TDK eb900. Very similar sound signature to the UE 5 EB. I was testing them back to back, my wife's TDK vs my UE, and I could barely discern a difference. Note, I'm not really an audiophile, but I am a basshead. Listen to a lot of trance, but also rock and everything else. The TDK puts out a similar amount of bass to the UE, which is quite a lot. The mids are decent. The highs are not as crisp as the UE. But very enjoyable overall. Just picked up a set tonight for $16 with shipping on ebay, new.

Lost my UEs on a plane, I'm really kicking myself. But these TDKs will do the job for a tenth the price.

Try them if you can get your hands on them under $30. You can always upgrade if they don't satisfy you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back