Super.fi 5 (regular, not pro)
Jan 21, 2009 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Squizz

New Head-Fier
Many here talk about the UE Super.fi 5s. But to me, it seems people are talking about the Pro, or explicitly mention the EB extended bass version.
Can anyone talk of their experience of newest Super.fi 5, regular?
How is the comfort, when wearing up?
How does the Super.fi 5 stack up against a similarly priced SE210, or a cheaper UM1?

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 9
They are my first high end IEMs and I LOVE THEM.
The mids are good, the highs are good, and the bass is alright.
They are very sensitive so if you are using them out of a Touch, you are going to get some hiss.
If you use them out of an amp, you are going to need to get a... impedance adapter (IMO) because it is really loud (if you are listening to loud music).

They are great IMO, they don't excell in one area like ER-4Ps, but they are great all around.

Comfort:
Very comfortable. I use the silicon tips that were included because they give me the best seal along with good bass.

They hurt sometimes, but that is because it's silicon; whats not to hurt about it?
smily_headphones1.gif

I used the comply tips once and instantly saw improvement in comfort. I wore them for 5 hours straight while listening to my favorite music because of the increased comfort.

Anyway, I don't have anything to compare them with so... yea, but I love them, and if you want a more in depth review, PM me, I'll be happy to help ^_^

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 9
The Phonaks are cheaper and are regarded to be better.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Has anyone compared the Pro to the new ones? Just wondering what the result was.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #9 of 9
I've got both the Pro's as well as the "non-pros". For me the sound isnt quite as good on the new ones - the bass isnt as full - BUT for me personally the fit and comfort is so much better. I used to only use the pros very sparingly. After say 30 mins I'd be taking them out to give my ears a rest. The new ones make me feel I can wear them all day. (I'm using Etymotic dual flange silicon tips by the way!! It just works for me!! )

For the price too I think the UE Superfi5's are excellent!! ( the only thing which for me beats them is a pair of Etys fed line out into a pocket amp with the extra bass that this provides - but for "everyday" I always reach for the 5's!!
Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back