Super.fi 5 pro's worth the extra $$$ over 5EB's?
Mar 15, 2006 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lightnin Joe

Head-Fier
Picking up some IEM's for travel\walking the dog\etc and was thinking first about the er6i, then was intrugued by the sf5 line. So first: Are either of the SF5's a huge improvement over the 6i, worth 70 to 130 USD more than the 6i? And in that vein, is the 5 Pro worth the extra 50 USD over the 5EB? Thanks for any advice given.

LJ

Mar 15, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 5
I had a chance to listen to the super.fi 5 pro and I was really impressed with them. I definitely think they're worth the extra money over my ER-6i's--you get a "fuller" sound and the soundstage is much much better. I thought they were even more comfy than the ER-6i. The EB's aren't nearly as balanced as the pro's, but that's not why you get them. The bassheads on this forum seem to love them--at least as far as IEM's go. So I guess it depends on what your musical tastes are. If I had the money I think I'd get the EB's to listen to on planes while I watched movies on my laptop--I think of them as more of a "fun" IEM. But for 50 bucks more I thing I'd get the pro's becuase I'd use them more.

Have you thought about the E4? Noticed you have a 5G iPod--people here think that makes a great match.

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:08 AM Post #4 of 5
I have the 5 Pro's and personally don't care for them (will be giving them to my son when he returns home from spring break) too much bass for me and just don't like the overall sound. From your signature, you have an amp and a set of HD600's, I would suggest the Etymotic ER4-P with the S adapter. They have great synergy with either the 5G or Shuffle or I'll pop on the S adapter and plug into the LaRocco PR2.
etysmile.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Hmm... not sure I can justify the cost of the '5 Pros' for walkabout use. But I'm in no big hurry, maybe I'll keep checking the forum Buy/Sell threads and eBay etc. for a good deal on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back