Super.fi 5 PRO vs Shure SE210?
Sep 26, 2007 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SmackaMuta

New Head-Fier
I've been reading a lot lately and i think it's time for me to get a good pair of IEMS. I think I've narrowed it down to the Super.Fi 5 Pro's or the SE210.

I consider myself a critical listener and I enjoy all genres.

Currently the best headphones I have ready access to are Sony MDR-7506 and while I like them, I feel like the REALLY low end, like the real rumbles, is not quite right, maybe just a bit lacking. I have owned Sony MDR-ex71 a couple times and while I loved the bass extension overall they were built badly and sounded just a tad better then the Apple Earbuds.

Will either of these IEMS sound similar to or better then the MDR-7506's that I have?

Also, any other strong suggestions and why would be appreciated! (sub $200)

Thanks!

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 10
I would probably recommend the Super.fi if bass extension is what you're looking for, and if you're a bit of a basshead the EBs would be more to your liking. I only mention the EBs because you talked about your want for something on the really low end, and that's where the EBs would definitely fulfill your needs.

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 10
I’m afraid my Super.fi 5EB's are the biggest disappointment. The sound is too disjointed; the bass is good don't get me wrong, but only on occasion. Because of the sheer weight of the 5EB's, the buds ease out of your ears, just ever so slightly, which in turn change the dynamics of the sound.

And because they are so big and heavy (in IEM terms) the supporting wire cuts into the top of your ears. Just a few minutes with them and for me they become nigh unbearable to wear.

I think the sound suffers from the two drivers set up. Somehow they're just not in sync, and although I have to give big thumbs up for the bass, clarity and highs, the midrange is appalling.

The midrange is far too distant......I was listening to 50 cent, and 50 sounded like you've switch the equalizer onto "stadium" mode, whilst the backing vocals arrive so far down your ears it frightens you.

The midrange and lack of comfort spoils what would have been a very good pair of IEM's. You can't predict what the midrange is going to do from one track to the next.

Out of my sub 30 headphones, the 5EB's are the most hateful, disappointing waste of my hard earned money!

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 10
of those two I'd pick the 5pro..but like others mentioned, the q-jay's are considerably smaller (probably the smallest dual driver I've seen)

can't comment on the SQ (of the qjays) though...has no one done a direct comparison of these two yet? (this is the second thread I've seen comparing super fi 5 pro to qjays)

Sep 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #9 of 10
i like the SQ of my SF5pros better the the SE210s, and when you do the reverse driver mod on the UEs they fit much better (but still not as well as the shures, or as comfortable)

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmackaMuta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been reading a lot lately and i think it's time for me to get a good pair of IEMS. I think I've narrowed it down to the Super.Fi 5 Pro's or the SE210.

I consider myself a critical listener and I enjoy all genres.

Currently the best headphones I have ready access to are Sony MDR-7506 and while I like them, I feel like the REALLY low end, like the real rumbles, is not quite right, maybe just a bit lacking. I have owned Sony MDR-ex71 a couple times and while I loved the bass extension overall they were built badly and sounded just a tad better then the Apple Earbuds.

Will either of these IEMS sound similar to or better then the MDR-7506's that I have?

Also, any other strong suggestions and why would be appreciated! (sub $200)

Thanks!

Looks like you may want to check out the Future Sonics Atrio M5. Here's a review of them at ccnet.com:

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones-h...-32456902.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back