Super fi. 5 Pro variations?
Nov 30, 2006 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

IndieRokker

New Head-Fier
Hi. I was browsing the forums and I saw a picture of someones superfi. 5 pro's and they looked noticeably different from my pair. When I ordered them from Amazon it said they were black. When I received them they looked like a really dark shiny purple. Almost black. Also, the earphone wire is clear. The picture of the head-fi'ers pair were jet black and opaque as was the earphone cord. It might be hard to tell for sure, but the cord of the other head-fi'ers pair looks thicker, too. This kind of has me worried because I've had my super fi's replaced once already. Is there a difference between these two variations of the super fi 5?

Nov 30, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 5
I wouldn't worry about it. You have the new variation with the better/thicker cord and the shiny body that doesn't crack. The older ones are prone to cracking along the bottom notch (which is exactly why mine are currently @ UE for a replacement). Sonically, they are they same.

Nov 30, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #3 of 5
Word. You got the latest, as of now.
etysmile.gif

Nov 30, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndieRokker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi. I was browsing the forums and I saw a picture of someones superfi. 5 pro's and they looked noticeably different from my pair. When I ordered them from Amazon it said they were black. When I received them they looked like a really dark shiny purple. Almost black. Also, the earphone wire is clear. The picture of the head-fi'ers pair were jet black and opaque as was the earphone cord. It might be hard to tell for sure, but the cord of the other head-fi'ers pair looks thicker, too. This kind of has me worried because I've had my super fi's replaced once already. Is there a difference between these two variations of the super fi 5?

Nope. My pair from earphonesolutions is exactly the same. You have the latest model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back