Super.fi 5 Pro Questions
Oct 24, 2007 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

gilgameshx

New Head-Fier
I just got my Super.fi 5 Pro and I'm enjoying it so far but I have a few questions.

1) How do I know if I have a proper seal? I was using it today and I did a few test. I was using them on the streets and I could hardly hear the cars passing by. I was also driving with them and I could hardly hear the wind blowing. Did I do it correctly? I switch the drivers so that it fits more flush. Sometimes I made my ears hurt to the point where I started getting a headache. I'm using the small silicon tips since they're the best fit for me. Right now, they kind of hurt when I'm using them. I just ordered the Shures Black Foams and I'm going to see if I can get them to fit (I read the mod).

2) How do I know if the bass is there or not? I compared the sound with my computer and my mp3 player (Creative Zen Micro) and my mp3 player produced less bass than my computer did. I try EQing with my mp3 player but it didn't help much. With the computer, I was able to increase the bass and the bass was nice and loud sounding. But I can't get my mp3 player to do the same thing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'll look at it again.

3) When I first plugged it in my computer (my speakers has a headphone jack), I left the volume on max since I use the volume knob to control the volume. Anyway, I started hearing music coming out of the earphones. I then realized that the volume was set too high. I had to lower the volume from 100% (0db) to 2% (-47.3db) and lowered the Wave to about 60%. My concern is did I damaged my earphones in this process? I don't hear any distortion or static from my earphones at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back