Super.Fi 5 Pro or q-Jays
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

svines

New Head-Fier
Hi, I want to bay a new pair of IEM to replace my V-Moda Vives (tired of fixing the cable again and again) and I'm between Super.Fi 5 Pro and q-Jays. I listen mostly to new wave, pop and some rock, and I'll be using them with computer or iriver clix >bithead or directly from the clix. Any suggestions of what would work best for me?

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 27
What did you like / dislike about the V-Moda's?

The Super.fi 5 are large and have to be worn over the ear. You can swap the cables to make the more comfortable, but they are still large. These would be considered "fun" since they have some slight coloration. $139.99 shipped (certain colors)

UE Super.fi 5

The q-Jays are quite small and comfortable. The have more of a balanced sound. $179.99

Jays q-Jays

You may also want to consider the Denon AH-C700. They are a little warmer in the low and mid section giving the bass a little more oomph (not overpowering like the V-Moda. $141.99 shipped:

Denon AH-C700

Jan 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #3 of 27
thanks for the information!!

about the Vibes, I find them very confortable, I like the look and that they are very small (I can lay down my head on the side wearing them without any problem). The sound is ok (a little too much bass) but i like a lot more the sound of my MS1. What I dislike the most is the ultra delicate cable, every time they broke I replace it (exelent costumer service) but Im tired of it.

for me its important the durability of my IEM, I use them mainly for comuting and sometimes put them in my pocket without properly fold them.

Jan 16, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 27
Since size is an issue I would stay away from the Super.fi 5's and maybe even the Denon's (they do stick out a little). I would suggest the q-Jays.

Jays q-Jays

If you would like some bass though, the Atrio M5 are very small and also fit this price range. Give road-dog-on-line an offer through eBay (some have got them for $130 + shipping)

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 27
If size/comfort or balance is a priority then go with the q-Jays.

If bass is a major factor, go with the SF5 Pro.

I have the SF5 Pro and I love it. I don't think the q-Jays were available when I got my SF5 Pro, but even if they were, I would have stuck with the SF5 because I prefer a warmer sound to balanced.

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If size/comfort or balance is a priority then go with the q-Jays.

If bass is a major factor, go with the SF5 Pro.

I have the SF5 Pro and I love it. I don't think the q-Jays were available when I got my SF5 Pro, but even if they were, I would have stuck with the SF5 because I prefer a warmer sound to balanced.

X2. For the price and 2 year warranty, they are very appealing. The sound is terrific and hopefully get better with shure olive's

Jan 17, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 27
Does noone reads the OPS posts anymore!

HE DOESN'T WANT BIG IEMS!!!

The SF 5 Pro would be a horrible choice for his needs.

If you want balance go with the q-Jays. If you want bass go with the Atrio's.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The SF 5 Pro would be a horrible choice for his needs.

If you want balance go with the q-Jays. If you want bass go with the Atrio's.

yeh cuz the atrio's are tiny arent they
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

All the OP said is that he likes that the old IEMs are small.. never said that larger IEMs are out of the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are Super Fi.5 o q-Jays to delicate?

The SF5 Pro are not delicate at all, I find them very sturdy. You should have no problem with carrying them around with you.

Jan 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuff bob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you get it for 139 shipped. I get 179 through that link.

WOW. Amazon's prices fluctuate ridiculously. You could still get the clear and red for $139.99 two days ago!

Sorry tuff bob it seems the sale is over for these.

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #13 of 27
If you want an idea of Super Fi size, here is a picture of them with the flip flop mod.

video_superfi_mod_002.jpg

Jan 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

WOW. Amazon's prices fluctuate ridiculously. You could still get the clear and red for $139.99 two days ago!

Sorry tuff bob it seems the sale is over for these.

Even check Amazon throughout the day..their price fluctuates more than you would think. I scored my black SF5 pro's for the $139 w/free shipping a few weeks ago.
redface.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 27
lol they sacrifice some revenue by attracting people with the low prices and then flip the real prices back on once people start looking. and then when u're at the page with the buy now button staring at you you're like 50% unsure if you should just buy the damned thing anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back