Super.fi 5 Pro or...Grado?
Dec 12, 2007 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

SBD

500+ Head-Fier
I pretty much had my mind set after too much research on the sf5pro. It's pretty much a no brainer except the grado to me is grand...o. I'm looking at only the sr80 model and yeah, $50 less is a huge deal to me even when they both fit in my budget.

I have no idea on sq difference but I'm guessing that one of them sounds a lot better (I'm guessing....you tell me please
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 14
IMHO, at that price point, full size cans will provide better sound over IEMs. However, The SF5Pro provides a few things that the Grados do not; isolation and supreme portability. I liked the SF5Pro when I owned them but the fit is not for everyone. Buy them somewhere with a good return policy in case the fit doesn't work out.

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 14
depends what you are gonna use them for?

My SR80s sound fan-freakn-tastic, and I use them at home when I need no isolation and don't care about anyone within 3m hearing my music.

SF5s I only use outside the house, when I care about isolation and don't want everything leaked out.

In terms of sound, the cans are much nicer to listen to, much wider and airier sound, less BOOM BOOM!

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 14
wow. feedmetrance, you had both of them all along!

I stayed away from grados at first because they were open but I don't really care since a week ago I was planning to buy speakers with my money.

I'll be getting a pizza box then
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

just gotta figure out where to buy it and get shipping to Hawaii.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #7 of 14
ToddTheVinylJunkie is the best!

First I did a special price and then when I joined you get a discount as a new member, he was nice enough to let me use both codes, and you get another 2% off for signing up to the news letter, so all up I got it for a very very smart price!

If you are going to just use them at home, def go the Grados, and maybe get some 414 pads, I just got some yesterday, so comfortable and the Grado sound is magnificant!

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:36 AM Post #9 of 14
Yeah...I've been through this swaneon and intoflatlines.

Pretty much these are my only cans until they die. Let's hope they last long. also I doubt ttvj will let me use discounts other than the price quote.
.....now you see why I researched so hard

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ToddTheVinylJunkie is the best!

First I did a special price and then when I joined you get a discount as a new member, he was nice enough to let me use both codes, and you get another 2% off for signing up to the news letter, so all up I got it for a very very smart price!

If you are going to just use them at home, def go the Grados, and maybe get some 414 pads, I just got some yesterday, so comfortable and the Grado sound is magnificant!

I just read in another thread that TTVJ doesn't ship Grados internationally. Now I'm confused.

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ They don't, I shipped it to my friends uncles house, and his uncle shipped to my friend here, and my friend gave them to me.

That would explain it. It seems I have to find another way to get my Grados.

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozncore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would explain it. It seems I have to find another way to get my Grados.

Why not try the Alessandro MS1? Either through Alessandro or your "local" supplier headphones.com.au.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back