Super.fi 5 Pro Good News!
Feb 15, 2006 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

maverick777

Head-Fier
Hi, I just wanted to take this time to thank everyone for posting on Head-fi. It really helped make my decision much easier. I was in the market for a >$100 IEM and didn't really know which one to get. In the end I chose to get the Super.Fi Pro 5's since they seemed to have the right mix of low end bass without sacrificing too much high end clarity.

Now for the good news. After reading so much about the SF5P, the only big concern I had was the overall consensus that the cord is just too thin and seems fragile for a hi end IEM. So I e-mailed UE and here is what they had to say:

****************GOOD NEWS******************
"A new cord is in the works and should be out in a couple of months.

If for some reason your cord is not working properly we will send you
another at no charge.

Enjoy those new 5 Pros !"

Also I just ordered mine of Earphonesolutions and YES they do have the rebate link up and running. So for $159.99 too can own a pair of these awesome IEM's.
icon10.gif

****************GOOD NEWS******************

Thanks everyone

Feb 15, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 15
what are the dates on the rebate offer?

Feb 15, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 15
New cable, eh? lol thats so godly.

I emailed them twice now about a missing biflange and some foamie problems; they gave me a whole set of the said items within 2 days. btw, ask for promotional items. They said they would give me a few brochures, but instead they gave me a shirt (size: Large), brochures, and some short advertisment cards.

They really are nice people, and I can't wait to see the new cable. Better be available in clear, or else...
icon10.gif

Feb 15, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 15
The rebate is good for purchases between Feb. 18 - 28 and needs to be postmarked by March 21. So if your in the market for the black ones which are backordered, you should still be able to make the deadline assuming the are in stock on time.

As for the cord, yes they are detachable and user replaceable so I'm looking for to a more durable cord to make this "THE" perfect IEM's!

Looking forward to feeling like this
k1000smile.gif
on Friday.

Feb 16, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #10 of 15
Lovely. I just ordered my 5 Pros a couple days ago, and this was one of my only concerns.

I like the thickness on my E2Cs (though they might be a tad too thick), it's just the tangles can be a problem, so hopefully the UE cords won't have that issue.

Feb 16, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlemon
I like the thickness on my E2Cs (though they might be a tad too thick), it's just the tangles can be a problem, so hopefully the UE cords won't have that issue.

Oh man, you will be suprised how thin the cords are compared to the Shure cords. I was.
icon10.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #12 of 15
i'm still torn between these and the UM1s. i am an IEM newbie who has experience with the KSC75s, and i don't want to spend more than i have to. i will be using these for plane/bus/train trips and noisy dorm life. i'm guessing my hd497s will sound better than both of these for home use. sorry if this is thread jacking.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #13 of 15
Guys I was completely OK with my e4's. Everything was going good with my setup and I was evening starting to save money for no reason. I have been looking at getting these phones for awhile so I guess this is quite a steal since I only see them for 200+...but STILL!!!
::sigh::
This place is more addicting than anything I have ever encountered.

Feb 16, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #14 of 15
I just sent them an email, coincedentally, a week ago about this very topic. My EB wire broke (my cat chewed it) and I asked them if they could modify the heavy duty wire from their custom line to fit my EBs.
I promptly got a response saying that a new wire is going to be released in the coming weeks but....he didn't specifically say that it was thicker or more durable. Just that it was "newly designed".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back