Super.fi 5 Pro Foam Tips
Jun 24, 2005 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BillC

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone know how to get some replacement foam tips for the Super.fi 5 Pros other than the UE website? Shipping for one $20 pack of foamies is $15 :frowning2:

Jun 25, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 8
Are you FLIPPING serious? I was thinking about ordering an extra cord, but if it's gonna be $35 instead of $20 + < $5 for shipping, they can keep it. (Well at least until my cord breaks or something).

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillC
Anyone know how to get some replacement foam tips for the Super.fi 5 Pros other than the UE website? Shipping for one $20 pack of foamies is $15 :frowning2:

Gee, that would seem worthy of a phone call to try to reason with them... Those foam tips could be mailed out with a first class stamp! (what's that, now--$.37?!) Surely they would relent or rethink their shipping policies?

PS. Did any of the other tips work for you? Is it strictly a comfort issue?
confused.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Shure e2c foamies will fit on the 5pro's, though they are pretty tight. I accidentally ripped my e2c sleeve when removing it from the stem. However, they do fit, if you are desperate. And if the e2c sleeve fits, the er6 sleeves probably fit as well.

Jun 25, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #5 of 8
The medium silicon tips work pretty well for me but I get more noise isolation with the foamies. I've been spending a lot of time working on some very loud computer systems the last couple of weeks and I want as much isolation as I can get - I may just use my Shure E3c again for a while.

I've got some E3c foamies but they just didn't seem to be any way they were going to fit over the super.fi "barrel".

Jun 25, 2005 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 8
They actually charge $65 for internationally shipping!!!
confused.gif

Anyway i read some dealers will be stocking their super.fi 5s so hopefully they will sell the accessories too.

Jun 25, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaufei
They actually charge $65 for internationally shipping!!!
confused.gif

Anyway i read some dealers will be stocking their super.fi 5s so hopefully they will sell the accessories too.

$65 on international shipping? That's bloody awful.
eek.gif
It shouldn't cost anymore than $30, depending on the location. Just looked up the Ultimate Ears website and calulated the shipping/tax costs to Scotland plus the price of a bag of 20 foam sleeves. It came to $67.50/£37!
tongue.gif
Who would want to pay £37 for a bag of 20 foam sleeves?
rolleyes.gif

Jun 25, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
$65 on international shipping? That's bloody awful.
eek.gif
It shouldn't cost anymore than $30, depending on the location. Just looked up the Ultimate Ears website and calulated the shipping/tax costs to Scotland plus the price of a bag of 20 foam sleeves. It came to $67.50/£37!
tongue.gif
Who would want to pay £37 for a bag of 20 foam sleeves?
rolleyes.gif

I guess some resourceful European should buy mega stocks and resale!

So, then should some resourceful American, I think!
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back