Super.fi 5 pro Cable
Dec 11, 2006 at 11:33 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by saberliner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heated them in water @ 140 deg.
be careful not to let water cause any damage
rolleyes.gif

take them out, plug them into the phones and fit them to head

to me, it seems like alot to make them fit.
though once done they fit better then anything else.

no, the water did no damage to the lines.

Thanks saberliner I'll give that a try, although if it works I don't see UE including a chapter in the manual thats says 'first of all boil your cables until they fit without causing discomfort, or causing the earphones to loose contact with your ears LOL
plainface.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #17 of 25
In my experience, the cables have not straightened. I would prefer if they did, but no biggie -- at least they are extremely durable. I wear my SF5Ps reversed (FS mod, whatever you want to call it). I slide the sleeve snugly against the back of my head and have no problems (microphonics, IEMs popping out, etc.). Sorry to hear of your misfortune legin. Hope you can find an IEM that fills your needs. Good Luck!

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 25
Not to jack the thread here but how long did it take to get your replacement pair. I have a small crack starting but don't want to be an extended time w/o my gym phones. Are they actually repairing or just shipping out new packaged pairs?

Dec 11, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by beedee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my experience, the cables have not straightened. I would prefer if they did, but no biggie -- at least they are extremely durable. I wear my SF5Ps reversed (FS mod, whatever you want to call it). I slide the sleeve snugly against the back of my head and have no problems (microphonics, IEMs popping out, etc.). Sorry to hear of your misfortune legin. Hope you can find an IEM that fills your needs. Good Luck!

I already found a answer... if you read carefully you'll gather that its using the old series 1 cable which works a dream and which seems quite robust enough IMHO
plainface.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by beedee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8-9 total days (ship-return) for me. IEMs are replaced with new ones.

I had 10 days on my last replacement. I'm doing another, so we'll see how long that takes. They were both the older version and very prone to case cracking...maybe that's changed by now.

Dec 12, 2006 at 8:19 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey mate, if you can't contribute a useful informative reply to the debate or at least something from your own experience of this UE cable then don't bother because all your doing is increasing your post count without actually helping anyone.

haha u really are quite upset arent u. just because u are doesnt justify venting on others, get a sense of humor...

nice one konish! ur alright in my book
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by leqin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey mate, if you can't contribute a useful informative reply to the debate or at least something from your own experience of this UE cable then don't bother because all your doing is increasing your post count without actually helping anyone.

Fair enough. And just for the record, it was meant as a joke on the heels of your rant. I won't tell you to relax because I'm pretty sure you'll take it the wrong way. I will say this...on a public forum, I think I'll happily post anything I want...who are you the thought police? Oh, do you think I care about my post count? Now that IS funny....see, you do have a sense of humor.

Debate? Is there a debate presented in your rant? Is the cable stiff? Sure. A total piece of junk as you have suggested? I don't think so. Actually, I think it adds a sense of quality to the whole pacakge. One thing is that they don't tangle at all. My 5 EBs were a bear to untangle. What "help" were you offering other than you simply don't like the old cables and you think UE is full of bad engineers? Nevermind, I don't really care.

R/
Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back