Super.fi 5 pro cable mod questions
Jan 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

irjoe

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I've been looking up old posts on the cable mod on the super.fi 5 pros and been trying to locate where I can buy the Westone UM-2 cables so I can replace em..

I went to westone.com (i mean, its their website, they must have it, right?)
and looked up accessories, and pulled up this page:

Accessories | Musicians :: Westone

So a few questions that go along with it (for those who are familiar with this mod)

1) are these the right cords to replace the Super.fi 5pro cords?

2) At the bottom, they have the ES cables that range from 50'' - 64'', are these compatible with the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 Pros?

3) I also read that you need to file the edges down, this wont damage the connectors??

and... 4) (haha) Are the prongs that come with these connectors too big, and will it will stretch the connectors on the Super.fis, making it loose if i wanted to use the regular UE cords?

thanks in advance,
cheers
beerchug.gif

(really want to use my super.fi's, but their cord has always been a peeve of mine.. nows the time to change that!)

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 3
anyone?
I really want to change the cables, but hesitant on buying these

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 3
yes the ES2 cable is the one you want. UM2 has the same cable, but of course the UM2 has it hardwired; doesnt have a replaceable cable. filing down the connectors will just ...erm...make them smaller. as long as you do that properly then no you wont damage or loosen the connection.

you can also use the UE custom cables which some say are actually better tan the ES2, but you have to call up UE and convince them that yoiu are an owner of UE customs like UE7, UE10, UE11 and ask to buy a replacement cable; think of a creative but believable excuse for what happened to your old ones. 'my cat ate them' has been known to work. often they will send them out for free, because the IEM's are so obscenely expensive
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back