Super Fi 5 or SA6
Sep 23, 2008 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hollis

Head-Fier
I know I know, another "vs." thread, search etc. Well I did search through the forums (which are very informative btw) and I know the exceptional praise that the SA6 receive. I just recently purchased the Super Fi 5's (not pro) and I got them for ~130 after gift card. To me this is an excellent deal but I just can't help but think I made the wrong decision by not going with the SA6's. I really love the idea of customizing the sound of the phones and the replaceable cables. I've used the Etymotic ER6i's and I was not too pleased with them due to lacking bass (my taste) and I found the fit to be a little uncomfortable/difficult to get a good fit and remove from my ears.

Are the SA6's similar in fit to the ER6i's? Do people still have difficulty getting the SA6's inserted properly? Sorry if any of these questions are redundant but I tried to find most of my answers but these are some that I just didn't see if they exist out there.

The Super Fi 5's are due to arrive on Wednesday and I just can't seem to decide if I should keep them for the nice price I got on them or spend the extra ~70 dollars for the SA6's.

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 5
It took my ears a couple of days to get accustomed to inserting the SA6's. But this was compounded by the fact I had never used an IEM before, and theSA6s are deep-inserting IEMs. After that, no problems.

Personally, if you got the SF5's for $130, you've reached SA6 heights in price/performance, if not beyond. Now save your $70 and put it towards a decent IC or DAC/amp.

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 5
I owned the SF5s and after using them alternately with the SA6s, I sent them back for a refund. To me, no comparison, and the $70 difference, in terms of SQ, is worth it. I know the Sleeks have had some build issues, including the ones I have owned, but with a two-year warranty and being in the U.S., I can live with it. If I was in Europe or other parts of the world, I might not (because of the cost to ship the SA6s back for replacements). All things equal, I favor the SA6s completely. That's not to say the SF5s are bad, I just got bored with their sound sig within a week or so.

Sep 23, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Never heard the SF5's, but I do own a pair of SF5 Pros, and unless the SF5's are a BIG (and I mean BIG) improvement over the Pros, the SA6's wins hands-down. Haven't touched my SF5 Pros or my Atrio's since laying hands on the SA6's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back