Super fi. 5. extended bass?
Dec 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ViralRazor

Head-Fier
Well I know these are quite old but seeing as I can get these for reasonably cheaply (about $130) I'm wondering if they're worth it?

I'm generally wondering about long term durability and fit!

Also wondering about sound but I think I'll like them for the genres I listen too mostly right now :D (mainly EDM but some hard rock)

Thanks guys

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 5
At first you'll love the huge bass response and the fact that they are one of the most hardcore looking IEMs ever made, but you'll eventually tire of the dynamic driver overpowering the BA driver, and look for avenues to EQ the midbass hump into submission. They can be a lot of fun but that bass hump robs you of a ton of detail in your music, and like the TripleFi 10 they do irritate your ears through an awkward fit. That said I have a soft spot for mine and would never sell them.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #3 of 5
They are good buy at that price and they sound bassy with good clarity(more clear than Shure E3c).

Dec 23, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 5
As long as you don't wrap them around your player or anything grossly negligent I don't think you'll have a problem with durability. Considering how old they are now I would imagine any dud units would have died long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back