Super fi 5 EB vs Sennheiser IE6
Dec 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

simon578

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, new member here. Was looking for a thread which compared the performance of super fi 5 EB's vs Sennheiser IE6's but didn't find one. Does anyone have experience of both sets of IEM's and have a preference. I'm in to lots of different types of music but I do appreciate bass heavy genre's like dubstep, funky house, reggae and hip hop. However at the same time I love indie, new world (chillout) and a bit of pop. So I'm looking for an IEM in the circa £100 region that has strong bass credentials but at the same time can produce good mids and highs.

Much appreciation for taking the time to consider and reply

PS: My current headphones are Sony Ex71's - at least 4 years old and in need of replacement so I'd love to know of people who had these and then took the next step up the IEM ladder

Cheers Si
o2smile.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 4
The Futuresonics Atrios might be a good bass headphone, and hand held audio is clocking them at around 90GBP, while they have a nice soundstage and fun bass, the upper side of the spectrum might be a bit cloudy, then again, i had the first revision, the 2nd one is supposed to be a bit better,

im also on the verge of dumping all my rage on my Triple.fi 10, the Super.fi and triple.fi series have serious comfort issues, i would NOT recommend them,

but remember that bass is like a cone, to provide good bass, its not just ammount, its also deepness, a wide flat bass is just clouded and muddy, while a deep sharp and thin bass with no width provides little satisfaction and enjoyment,

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 4
The Atrio V2 is a very satisfying IEM.

It is much clearer than the Super.fi 5 EB.

The only thing is that it does take some time to burn in, as the highs are actually rather harsh (almost scratchy) at first.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Reviews on the net seem to agree with what you're saying but it's been noted that build quality isn't very good for the price you pay. but then again if they've spent more money on the technology inside, i suppose that's a good thing
L3000.gif

Has anyone had experience of the Sennheiser IE6's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back