Super.fi 5 EB VS SA6 VS Customs
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
Currently I use a pair of Super.fi 5 EB's with my Zune. I listen to only lossless audio and am a fairly picky audiophile.

I like the 5 EB's because of the great bass response on them. They are the closest IEM I have heard that resemble the sound of my home stereo.

So has any used the 5 EB's and compared them to the SA6's? If so how did the bass compare?

Also the customs seem interesting, how much are they? I was unable to find a price on them.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #2 of 7
Customs are $300 USD. If you email Mack or Jason, they will email you a form and information. I'm probably going to get a pair of customs myself within the next month
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I understand the bass is nowhere close to that of the EB but I havnet heard the EB. The bass in the sleeks is very clean and real sounding. No added artificial bass.

Thanx, I'm afraid I may have gotten used to the bass of the EB's as it is the one thing that is REALLY lacking in most IEM and it is the one thing that really helps make the sound more like an audio system and less like a small earphone.

Do the newer ++ Bass modules help alot over the original + modules?

How about the customs? It seems you can have them tune the sound to what you want.

Is there enough wiggle room with the customs to give them a large bass output like the EB's?

While I'm fairly happy with the EB's I'm looking to upgrade to something smaller as they hurt my ears due to there size after wearing them more than an hour or so..

But I want to "upgrade" so I do not want to sacrifice any of the sound quality or Bass quantity of the EB's.

I would be considered a Bass head of sorts even though I listen to mainly Classic rock and no rap. I play drums so Bass lines and the Bass drums sound are very important to me.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 7
i currently have the new bass + ports. they are not bass ++, but the new revised bass + ports. the new bass + ports definitely make the sound darker. the bass is deeper and slightly larger. it is still not enough for those that love bass, so definitely no comparison to the EBs. i also gave in and did the pin hole mod on them just out of curiosity. i feel these a lil more thump in them, however it is still incomparable to dynamics, EBs, and probably earphones well known for bass.

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 7
swanlee may be you should look at the atrio.. but I'm not sure you can consider them as update..Or give up in ears and try big cans...

bass+² + wirelless W1 will give you some thing quite bass intensive but I dont know If it would be enough for you...

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by |Fred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swanlee may be you should look at the atrio.. but I'm not sure you can consider them as update..Or give up in ears and try big cans...

bass+² + wirelless W1 will give you some thing quite bass intensive but I dont know If it would be enough for you...

Yea it looks like the atrio would be the only thing comparable on the bass front after doing some more research.

I like the concept of the SA6's and the company seems pretty consumer friendly. I would welcome an new IEM from Sleek that was customizable and could compete with the 5 EB in bass power.

Seems that is probably the number 1 complaint I have read about IEM's and my own number 1 complaint is the lack of bass, sleek could do some good in making an IEM specifically for Bassheads.

I can't use big cans, after about 10 mins they hurt my ears and make me feel kind of nauseous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back