super.fi 5 EB question (iem question in general)
Apr 21, 2010 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thornygravy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've had my Super.fi 5 Ebs for about a year now.. and recently I've noticed something strange..

When I put the iems in my ear canals, the right piece seems to have a lot of suction, where the left one doesn't. At first I thought maybe my left ear canal is differently shaped than the right one, and perhaps that's why the right one gets more suction. So I swapped them, putting the left bud in my right ear. Even with the left phone in my right ear, there is little to no suction.. I've also tired different types of tips and it always seems to be this way.

It doesn't seem to be to much of a problem, because the memory wire seems to hold the phone in my ear canal pretty well, but recently I've had an ear ache in my right ear (the phone with the suction.)

It's hard to tell, but I almost feel like there is a sound imbalance in them as well. Sometimes it seems this way, other times it doesn't. It's hard to tell whether or not it's my earache effecting the sound in my right ear or not.

Has anyone had this problem? Should I send them for an RMA? I think I have a month or two still on the warranty. Thanks for any input.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 7
I have this problem, but my right ear canal is physically wider than my left because I used to keep a triple-flanged eartip inserted to max depth all of the time mostly in my right ear only. Even with my TripleFis, the left feels a bit more secure than the right, although not by much.

You could try for an RMA if the problem is that persistent.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 7
i had similar problem with my triplefi which i broke, small crack in the shell conection, very small not noticaeable crack which i tried to superglue,,,,, problem was/ is a tiny disortion only when listening to talk radio news etc,, canoot notice while listening to music luckily,
so now im thinking about getting that um modd everyone talks about, i think they add another driver, i also rock the ue5 eb,, the biflange tips are the only ones that stay in for long periods with the triplefi, works good on ue5eb too,, and chord is interchangable,

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait so all of a sudden one phone loses suction in your ear? And it's specific to that phone? How could that be? I'd suggest changing tips or something maybe?

I have, I tried 3-4 different tips, same thing.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Wow darn that sucks. Well then I'd suggest looking into custom molds
smily_headphones1.gif
There are plenty of threads around here full of info about them. Best of luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back