Super.Fi 5 EB or Super.Fi 5 Pro
Feb 2, 2007 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Sir Nobax

500+ Head-Fier
Well hello to everyone, this is my first post in the most expensive forum i've seen.

As my first attempt on killing my wallet i'm wanting to buy some higher grade In-Ear's then i am using now, the Creative EP630 (sharp cloner) and the Sony MDR-EX71's. I liked both but there's always something better.

My thoughts where first at buying the V-Moda Vibez, but they are quite expensive and for a little bit more i can find higher grade IEM's like the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro and the EB version.
As being quite the basshead (
basshead.gif
\o/ ) my first choice would be the EB's, but they seem really BIG. I'll be using them mostly when biking to school and my work and i'd would be ashamed of myself if im doing that with some Frankenstein-plugs in my ear, so my question would be: are they really that big??

I was already looking at the UE Super.Fi 5 Pro because they look a lot smaller but do they deliver enough bass, as i listen mainly to Trance and dance music, do they deliver more low's than the EP630's and the EX71's. If so i'd think ill be happy with those, how much smaller are the UE S.F.5 Pro? Can i go out of my home without people thinking i have hearing aids?

Has anyone got some comparison pictures between the EB's and the Pro's in-ear, ive seen the EB's but it was'nt really a clear picture.

I hope you Head-Fi'ers can help me, I NEED TO SPEND SOME MONEY!!!
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #2 of 10
THe EBs are a bit bigger and even though I haven't heard them, many find that all they're good for is bass. I have the 5 Pros, am a bit of basshead, and find that these are a great pair of IEMs. There should be pictures around of these if you search, and there's a thread talking about an alternative way to wear the 5 Pros that make them more low profile.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 10
The sf5pros already stick out a bit from your ears. I can't imagine what one would look like with the bigger EBs.

The sf5pro are great for trance. I've never heard the EP630 or EX71, but I'm sure there will be plenty of bass for you with the sf5pros. The EBs are generally not well regarded here.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 10
I feel the EBs will give you the bass you crave, but only if you are willing to have it overpower the rest of the sound range.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 10
to each their own but when i demoed the ue line that was
avaliable in the store i liked the 5 pro best the eb bass
sounded a little bloated to me.

Feb 2, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 10
Both are bloated IMO, but Pro has overall tighter and punchier bass, where the EB would give you a rather subwoofer's kind of bass, but suffer from lack of details and overpowering the mid and high freq. I would say get the Pro's first, they are very bassy. I would recommend EB only if you find the Pro's can't satistfy you.

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #8 of 10
EBs are BIG. Pros kinda stick out too, but you can do a "flip-side mod" that will give you a better seal/less conspicuous look.

As for sounds, I think evens the PROs are too bassy...can't even imagine how bloated the bass would be on EBs.

Overall, I'd recommend PRos over EBs.

Feb 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I can't see wanting any more bass than you will get from the sf5p's. To me, they have more bass the the UM2s which are supposed to be bass heavy. I think that the sf5ps are a little heavy in the bass, but overall it does not distract from the presentation.

Feb 2, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 10
Another vote for the pro's. I listen to dance/trance alot with this iem's and they have plenty of punch. lol, and if you think this forum is expensive cruise over the the mercedes forum
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back