Super.fi 3 eartip recommandation
Feb 19, 2008 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dakkar

100+ Head-Fier
I find that the provided eartips do not sit well in my ear. Especially while doing physical work/going to the gym. It seems the inside of my ear gets moist and I loose the seal. I'm looking for some replacement/mods that would stick in better. I'm also under the impression that my ear canal is kind of short
redface.gif
because I can't seem to push very far before it hurts.

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 13
If it hurts, that may mean, that you're using too big of a size. Also, try the foam tips.

Feb 19, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, I did the flip mod as recommanded and it is definately better. Before, the monitor would just pop right out of my ear.

I was only able to try the foam for a few minutes. When I tried to remove them, the inside ring just came out and I didn't find them super comfortable. Of course, that was before the mod. Havn't been able to try it again. The dual flange is not too bad, but it does slip out over a short time, especially if i'm moving my jaw. Also, one of the double flange tip ripped at the top. Must have pulled a bit too hard on removing them.

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 13
Get some of the Shure Black olive foamies. Place them on a screwdriver (or like implement) and kind of roll/peel them off their inner plastic sleeves. Then take the inner sleeve out of the SF foamies and stick it in the Olives. You can also try to stretch out the inner sleeve on the olives, but that didn;t work for me.

I had the same problems as you with the double flanges. Once you start to sweat, they start to slip. Just did a long elliptical workout last night with the black olives and didn't experience any slippage at all.

Feb 19, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 13
Feb 20, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #13 of 13
i would say go with mediums, as you usually can't go wrong with picking one that's not the smallest and not the largest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back