Super CMoy =)
Mar 25, 2007 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arspy87

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So after building myself a typical CMoy for my headphones, I decided to see how far I could push the CMoy technology. I had noticed that my small 9v amp was able to power bookshelf speakers reasonably well, so... I built a 30v CMoy.

The circuit is pretty much the same except I used 1000uF capacitors, a 30v wall power supply, and some larger resistors for the +/- voltage divider. Op amps were OPA134s. Additionally, I added an output switch to alternate between 1/8" output to my computer speakers and RCA outputs to my roommate's stereo. I mounted it in a plastic enclosure I got at Radioshack that's about 2x2x5 in.

Pics:

bigamp3.jpg

Innards... power circuit is on the bottom; amplification circuit is on the PCB above that.

bigamp2.jpg

Front - two switches (power, output) and volume knob.

bigamp1.jpg

Back, with power, inputs, and outputs.

bigamp4.jpg

Picture with little brother CMoy =)
(The volume knob didn't fit as well as I wanted; I have to trim the potentiometer which I plan to do later on.)

Comments welcome!

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Ooops, forgot about that - it sounds great! It cleans up the sound a lot. The bass is a lot faster, and the highs sound clearer too. I haven't noticed any distortion in the signal, all the way up to the maximum volume level. I'm really pleased with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back