Super Bass IEM for Bass-Head
Nov 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

brownandproud

New Head-Fier
Hi there this is my first post so im not sure if im doing this all right but i need help on a new pair of IEM.
I listen to mainly Hip-Hop but on occassions listen to others so i do love my bass. i currently have the CX500's and love them but i feel i should take a step up to a good pair. i feel their bass isn't deep enough and the highs are distorted but otherwise sound good.
ive been looking at the atrio m5, senn ie8, klipsch s4, klipsch x10 and monster turbines. i want BIG DEEP bass and still have quality in the mids and highs.
i also require a fair bit of isolation (minimum to be as good as my cx500's) and to be comfertable (again similar to cx500). money is an issue probably because im 17! but if they are worth it then i can save up. saying that i dont want to spend £100 and then 6 months down the line feel theyre not suitable. so basically the better one out of the choices. currently im leaning towards the atrio m5 because from what ive read they do everything i want.
also does any one know where i can get the atrio m9 (ruby red) in the uk?

Nov 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 11
I suppose you will have more luck in the Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors sub-forum.
That said, you may want to read -> http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/epi...ension-449841/

Welcome to Head-Fi!
biggrin.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 11
Hi mate I have owned the now discontinued Sennheiser CX95's and their new replacements the CX550's. Not only are the CX550's beautiful to look at with their brushed aluminium styling, they have a great amount of bass, even more so than the CX500's you own right now. The sound quality is also very very good and they are very forgiving with low bitrate music which is a plus. Check em out.

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #6 of 11
thank you for the responses but like i said i dont want to spend 100 on a pair then regret it a few months later. Ive heard my friends turbines but only briefly. they are comfertable and do sound good. has anyone heard these and the atrios because ive heard they are excellent for all i need...but then again ive heard the same for the turbines :s.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownandproud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there this is my first post so im not sure if im doing this all right but i need help on a new pair of IEM.
I listen to mainly Hip-Hop but on occassions listen to others so i do love my bass. i currently have the CX500's and love them but i feel i should take a step up to a good pair. i feel their bass isn't deep enough and the highs are distorted but otherwise sound good.
ive been looking at the atrio m5, senn ie8, klipsch s4, klipsch x10 and monster turbines. i want BIG DEEP bass and still have quality in the mids and highs.
i also require a fair bit of isolation (minimum to be as good as my cx500's) and to be comfertable (again similar to cx500). money is an issue probably because im 17! but if they are worth it then i can save up. saying that i dont want to spend £100 and then 6 months down the line feel theyre not suitable. so basically the better one out of the choices. currently im leaning towards the atrio m5 because from what ive read they do everything i want.
also does any one know where i can get the atrio m9 (ruby red) in the uk?

get the ue superfi 5 eb, ive directly compared them to the atrio, ie8, westone 3, triplefi 10, and they have the most bass, quantity, punch, and full bodied sound, theyre upper mids have very good clarity as well, ive been trying to find an iem that outdoes the ue5 eb for some time now, and always i prefer the ue5 eb, i guarantee u will like them if you truly want good bass,
the only other non custom iem's i can reccomend are the audio technica cks70, the denon cs710, and the mingo wm2,,, i am actually awaitng the arrival of all these iems so i can finally conclude my search for the most bass iem
smily_headphones1.gif

--my progostication favors the audio technica cks70,i think they might come close to the ue 5 eb, but i am skeptical that they will outdo,
apparently the superfi 5 eb driver size is 13mm, the cks70 is 12.5mm--while the ie8 has a 9mm and the monster turbines have an 8, and fx 500 have a 11.5(i opted not to try the monster and fx500(i hear the fx500 has shrill hgihs and is somehow open backed or something and it isnt a good isolator, but who knows) and as for the monster's those just never appealed to me at all for some reason maybe cuz ive used their overpriced chords)oh and im not sure what size driver that the denon c710 have, let me know if you do,
--in addition i hear that the c710 bass is comparable to the mingo wm2, but i will have to test this for myself... but most favor the mingo wm2 for overall soundstage. i am eager to see how the mingo wm2 will fair against the ue5 eb bass wise,, if anyone has done an a-b comparision with those two please let me know how it turned out... i am also eager to compare the cks70 and the c710 as i had been looking on this forum for it to no avail.....
---if you opt for the ue5eb you will not be dissapointed......
p.s. they also sound pretty badasss playing xbox

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownandproud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you for the responses but like i said i dont want to spend 100 on a pair then regret it a few months later. Ive heard my friends turbines but only briefly. they are comfertable and do sound good. has anyone heard these and the atrios because ive heard they are excellent for all i need...but then again ive heard the same for the turbines :s.

i have directly compared the atrio to the ue superfi 5 eb and the ue5 eb is much better, its bass is way better lower punchier, and its mid highs have clarity,,, i found the atrio to have an unbalanced upper range, they were very bright and would distort, also this would sort of camoflauge the bass, they do have good bass, but in my opinion it is way exagerated, the ue superfi 5 eb have way more bass and punich.

Nov 17, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 11
I agree with the previous poster on the super.fi 5 EB I have a pair myself and REALLY REALLY enjoy them...GREAT bass and GREAT highs...it has decent mids but for your musical style you will love the super.fi 5 EB's....look on the used forum here you can get a pair for like 130....these IEM are seriously underrated no doubt about it. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back