:sunrise: Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #181 of 192
Longtime lurker and first time attendee to a head-fi meet as well.  I was able to squeeze this in-between some traveling during the month.  It was great listening to a wide range of equipment I would not get a chance to.  I see how hard it is to evaluate stuff due to meet conditions, but still great to get the opportunity to try them on.  I would like to share some of my positive stand outs:

I'm in the market for a DAP so visited a few booths.  The Questyle QP1 sounds good and felt like a well-built quality device.  I did have trouble figuring out how to use it at first.  I hadn't heard of them before but this is now on my DAP shortlist.  The other intriguing DAP is Echobox's streaming player.  It sounded good and I like that they are focusing on a streaming player.  It doesn't suit my purposes as I am looking for a BART commute rig, but like what they are doing.

I'm also in the market for portable headphones.  I tried the OPPO PM3 and it quickly moved into my short list.  Actually, my short list prior to the meet was just Mr. Speaker's Mad Dogs.  However, I was totally blown away by the Ethers.  Something just clicked with me when I tried them on, and I came away from the meet with this on my upgrade list.

A big thank you to the organizers of this meet, and I hope to attend the next one.

Aug 8, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #186 of 192

Who had the half-table with the stax gear and a CD changer in the amp room?

I'm trying to remember what the exact models of the 2  black and brown stax headphones were.

Black are SR Lambda Pro connected to SRM1 Mk2, brown are Lambda Nova Classic connected to SRM3.

Thanks!  (Ignore the PM, I sent it before I saw this post)

The Lambda Nova Classic sounded way better than the Lambda Pro for some reason.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #189 of 192
For anyone that got to hear the Eddie Current Black Widow, there is now an impressions thread if you would like to add your comments/impressions.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/777009/eddie-current-black-widow-solid-state-headphone-amp-impressions-thread

Aug 12, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #190 of 192
Does anyone know who the gentleman in the background, with the red long-sleeve is?  What his Username might be?  I meant to approach this man because I know I've met him somewhere else in life.

He either used to work at an electronics supply store in downtown San Jose or he works at an electronics surplus store in Santa Clara.  At least those are the only two places I can imagine I've met him.

Oh, and this is my buddy and I checking out MrSpeakers' selections.

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #191 of 192
  Does anyone know who the gentleman in the background, with the red long-sleeve is?  What his Username might be?  I meant to approach this man because I know I've met him somewhere else in life.

He either used to work at an electronics supply store in downtown San Jose or he works at an electronics surplus store in Santa Clara.  At least those are the only two places I can imagine I've met him.

Oh, and this is my buddy and I checking out MrSpeakers' selections.

Nope, but I know your buddy.  And your wife, though I don't believe you and I have met.  lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back